Cure for D200 lust...buy a lens!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Dec 17, 2005.

1. I never got around to pre-ordering a D200, hence I was unable to purchase one before my upcoming Hawaii trip...so instead I bought a 17-55 DX to quench my D200 lust! I was so bummed I couldn't get one before I leave, so I ended up shipping my 17-55 to Hawaii (I have family there)! Anyways, if anybody else couldnt get one, I recommend buying a lens! :wink:

2. or do both, takes care of DLD (Double Lust Disorder, a combination of Body Lust and Lens Lust).
    I suffer from extreme PLD (polylust disorder, which is a compound case of body lust with a hyperactive case of lens lust with over 6 triggers.)
    Congrats on the new lens! the other day I was just thinking how it seemed that end of your lens kit was a bit lacking compared to the rest.

3. Tell me about it! I've been putting this lens purchase off for the longest time. I figure since I'm probably not gonna get a D200 until after my trip, I might as well get the lens I've been needing!

I swear, photography is an expensive profession!

4. I finally ordered a pair of Fiesol tripod and monopod from Taiwan for a little relief -- cheaper than buying that 17-55 f/2.8. :biggrin: Still need to decide on a decent, affordable ball head -- looking at the Bogen 488 w/ CR4 QR for now. Might have to add a 2nd SB800 also.

If I have to wait too long for the D200, I guess I will upgrade to the 70-200VR first instead of waiting. :rolleyes: And unfortunately(?) for me, photography is an expensive "hobby", not a profession.

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Great move, Jon!

I broke down last month and finally bought the 17-55f .28. It is stunning! It's already my co-favorite lens with the 70-200VR f2.8.

6. I'd say 90% of all my sales are within the 17 to 60mm range. I might as well buy the best lens in that focal length!

7. I bought my 17-55 in July?.... it is 70% of what I shoot

now I cant find a buyer for the D1x and need/want/have to have D200 :lol: