1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cure for D200 lust...buy a lens!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Dec 17, 2005.

1. I never got around to pre-ordering a D200, hence I was unable to purchase one before my upcoming Hawaii trip...so instead I bought a 17-55 DX to quench my D200 lust! I was so bummed I couldn't get one before I leave, so I ended up shipping my 17-55 to Hawaii (I have family there)! Anyways, if anybody else couldnt get one, I recommend buying a lens! :wink:

2. or do both, takes care of DLD (Double Lust Disorder, a combination of Body Lust and Lens Lust).
    I suffer from extreme PLD (polylust disorder, which is a compound case of body lust with a hyperactive case of lens lust with over 6 triggers.)
    Congrats on the new lens! the other day I was just thinking how it seemed that end of your lens kit was a bit lacking compared to the rest.

3. Tell me about it! I've been putting this lens purchase off for the longest time. I figure since I'm probably not gonna get a D200 until after my trip, I might as well get the lens I've been needing!

I swear, photography is an expensive profession!

4. I finally ordered a pair of Fiesol tripod and monopod from Taiwan for a little relief -- cheaper than buying that 17-55 f/2.8. :biggrin: Still need to decide on a decent, affordable ball head -- looking at the Bogen 488 w/ CR4 QR for now. Might have to add a 2nd SB800 also.

If I have to wait too long for the D200, I guess I will upgrade to the 70-200VR first instead of waiting. :rolleyes:  And unfortunately(?) for me, photography is an expensive "hobby", not a profession.

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Great move, Jon!

I broke down last month and finally bought the 17-55f .28. It is stunning! It's already my co-favorite lens with the 70-200VR f2.8.

6. I'd say 90% of all my sales are within the 17 to 60mm range. I might as well buy the best lens in that focal length!

7. I bought my 17-55 in July?.... it is 70% of what I shoot

now I cant find a buyer for the D1x and need/want/have to have D200 :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.