Curious Lil' God Daughter

Recieved my 50mm 1.8 yesterday and put it to use right away. Took this picture of my god daughter as she was asking me what I was doing with that "big black thing". I am very pleased with the results. This is the first lens for my D90 as I am new to the DSLR world and photopgraphy. I'm now ready to start shooting away :smile:. Please critique and advise as I'm am looking forward to growing and learning from everyone here. All comments are welcome. Thanks!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to post a picture of someone maybe NOT so cute? I am having trouble looking away from here eyes and therefore cannot critique your image...

:) It's great!

I did notice that the left eye is almost sharp and the right eye is not. As I was shooting fully manual and she kept attempting to reach for the camera. Thanks for all the comments! Oh and don't be fooled her halo is held up by horns haha. She's in the "terrible 2's" stage.

Nice start. Great subject great pose. Yep the eyes seem a bit soft, especially the right. Maybe I would crop the top a little to where the teddy bear ears start. You are going to love the 50 1.8!

Thanks for all the feed back. As I have much to learn with my camera and lens. I'm definately looking forward to grow from all of this!

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Cute little girl.
I am guessing that her shirt is a very light pink but there seems to be be a bluish tinge to her skin. A slight warming seems to make it better. In the original there is this space above her head and her eyes are right on the middle line. Cropping some off the top seems to tighten the composition in my eyes.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom