Curious TC question of combining 2 1.4 TC's

Would it be possible to stack two 1.4 TCIIE's? Anybody tried it or know that it will or won't work? 2.8 result?

I've heard you can't do a 1.4 and 1.7 together, but can do a 1.4 and a 2.0 in theory. (may require some mod?) But not sure about 2 1.4's.

Not saying the image quality would be decent, that's a whole nuther subject. But if you did it, what quality did you get? (if it can be done)

thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh, ok, so you'd multiply them instead of adding them. So, a 1.96 hmmm....

But 2.0s don't have to good a reputation, so not sure how this would compare, if it is possible.

Doug,
I have both the TC14e and TC17e. They both have extended glas in the front and will not mate even close with another converter. It may be possible with non-Nikon converters but not with the Nikons.
Pete

oh, ok, so you'd multiply them instead of adding them. So, a 1.96 hmmm....

But 2.0s don't have to good a reputation, so not sure how this would compare, if it is possible.
I think the 2.0 would be better than the two 1.4s. Must be less glass involved and therefore probably less distortion from all the correction going on inside.

Would it be possible to stack two 1.4 TCIIE's? Anybody tried it or know that it will or won't work? 2.8 result?

I've heard you can't do a 1.4 and 1.7 together, but can do a 1.4 and a 2.0 in theory. (may require some mod?) But not sure about 2 1.4's.

Not saying the image quality would be decent, that's a whole nuther subject. But if you did it, what quality did you get? (if it can be done)

thanks.
Doug,

The following article spells out what is and isn't possible with respect to stacking tc's. http://nikonpages.heymanphotography.com/tcmod/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I was just thinking out loud, curious anyway...

Thanks Glenn.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom