CUSTOM ABCD and SHOOT ABCD !?!?!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by JPS, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Hi ! I never used the different BANKS on my D200, but now i have the opportunity to use different memorized setting !

I have set-up the 4 banks with "normal", "portrait", "sport" and "trap focus", but when i change the banks in MENU>CUSTOM SETTING MENU>Bank Select, then "C", i noticed that on the top LCD, only the CUSTOM has a "C" next to it, while the SHOOT has an "A" !

I'm puzzled, as i don't understand the use of these two banks !?! How shall i use them ? Do i have to have BOTH set to the same bank, or what ? ...and which one "commands" what ?

I haven't found any "comprehensible" explanation in the D200 Manual, not in Thom Hogan's manual !

Please heeeeelp !

TIA,
    J-P.

2. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
  3. Thanks for the answer, Alan !

...but, i still don't understand what is the meaning/use of TWO set of banks, and what are they doing, each of them separately and joined ?

:confused:
    J-P.

4. Bear78

Bear78

Jul 26, 2008
    Colorado
    My short answer.

I shoot mostly nature and sports

For sports I don't shoot raw and need more in camera color and picture control and I use custom AF settings, and have my LCD timer on 10 sec.
    For nature I shoot raw, I set almost everything to zero since I do all work in Photoshop, and use very basic AF settings and have my LCD on 20secs since I look at the photos more.

When you use separate banks you can change file numbers, color space, sharping, noise reduction. Or under custom settings, have one bank set up for faster auto focus and another for auto iso.

I don't know if that helps. I wish I had more banks. I use all 8 off mine.