Customary first good shots from the 70-200 VR

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sharp as hell, heavy as hell :)

Anand,

Congrats on the new gear! That's a sweet lens, isn't it? You'll see... the more you use it, the lighter and smaller it gets. :lol: I no longer think about it, at all. That said, if you are going to keep it in the shooting position for a while, you may want to consider using a monopod, to make it lighter... even more so with a TC. Do you have one already, or is it (are they) in your future? :roll:

Nice family pics! 8)

Philippe Roger said:
Anand,

Congrats on the new gear! That's a sweet lens, isn't it? You'll see... the more you use it, the lighter and smaller it gets. :lol: I no longer think about it, at all. That said, if you are going to keep it in the shooting position for a while, you may want to consider using a monopod, to make it lighter... even more so with a TC. Do you have one already, or is it (are they) in your future? :roll:

Nice family pics! 8)
Thanks Philippe. I have a monopod :). But my tripod is really really light, I think I will use the tripod on a single leg more. One less thing to carry.

obelix said:
virtuamike said:
Stop posting. I can't afford to upgrade :cry:

Nice pics, you're making us jealous :D
Mike, you have some of the finest glass nikon ever makes! Come on :)
But I don't see 70-200 anywhere on my glass. I'm still jealous :oops:

Would like to see you try some outdoor or action shots with your beast.

obelix said:
Thanks Gordon, the 17-55 is next in line :)
Shame on you, Anand. Have you given up any pretense at fiscal responsibility? Are
you going to squander your daughter's college fund on glass?

But more importantly, how did you convince your wife to let you buy pro glass :wink: ?

:D :lol: 8) :p

UncleFrank said:
obelix said:
Thanks Gordon, the 17-55 is next in line :)
Shame on you, Anand. Have you given up any pretense at fiscal responsibility? Are
you going to squander your daughter's college fund on glass?

But more importantly, how did you convince your wife to let you buy pro glass :wink: ?

:D :lol: 8) :p
UncleFrank

I was reeling from buyers remorse (and am I eating into Sahana's college fund?) today :(

Any way, two ways to convince the wife.

1) Pay lots of extra tax each year
2) Buy 2-3 not so expensive used lenses in that range

Sell the lenses. You can then buy pro glass for $400-$500 out of hand and the tax refund comes in handy :)

When you tell your wife, it is "about $400 more and the tax refund will cover it" :)

The 17-55 will probably go some time next year - I adjusted my tax returns to deduct an extra $80 each month already ;)

anand

[

Sell the lenses. You can then buy pro glass for $400-$500 out of hand and the tax refund comes in handy :)

When you tell your wife, it is "about $400 more and the tax refund will cover it" :)
Devious, disingenous... and clever as hell :twisted:.

I like the way you think, Anand 8).

UncleFrank said:
[

Devious, disingenous... and clever as hell :twisted:.

I like the way you think, Anand 8).
:lol:

Actually, my wife is pretty magnanimous. She gave me a $2,000 budget for the year to work with. The most difficult part was convincing myself!

Running to Yosemite in 20 mins Uncle Frank.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom