1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

cut proof should sling

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Corwyn, Apr 27, 2019.

1. HI,

Looking for a shoulder strap cling like the black rapid shoulder strap that is also cut proof for next trip.

anyone know a company that makes one?

2. TonyW

TonyW

Jan 15, 2010
    UK
    The only ones I am familiar with are Pacsafe but I think they may be only shoulder/neck straps. You could attempt to modify a Bkackrapid with a wire insert if you really must have slash proof.

Have you considered the potential consequences of having a cut proof strap should a knife or razor wielding villain target you or your family?
    One possible scenario a would be thief targets your impressive looking expensive camera, attempts to slash the strap and fails. He is already committed to a felony so if you are lucky he just threatens you to release your camera and any other valuables you may be carrying. Or even faster just slashes you a few times until camera released. Just a thought!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I understand what you are saying to some degree. However, my personal experience is that most pic pockets will not engage in a stabbing and those that will, simply DO SO without bothering to cut the strap first.
    About the second there is not much you can do if they go that route from the back.
    However, the attempted slashing of the cutproof strap will give me more than enough time to become aware.
    Without sounding grandiose I have faced knife wielders on multiple occasions as part of my job as well as traveling, and I am still here. Further having a cutproof strap of that length gives me a weapon I can open carry, get through ATF and is as deadly as any knife ( and I am not talking about swinging the camera with it. )

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.