Cute alert -- Dear little creature (pun intended)

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by BUCKEYE BIKER, Jun 12, 2007.

1. I was running the tractor cutting weeds on Alan's farm, (my wife's cousin), when I turned around at the end of the field and saw this little critter scampering across the mowed portion of the field. I shut off the tractor, retrieved my camera from the truck and got these shots (all with the 80-200 f2.8) cropped and sharpened a little:

543102429_f2f90a3abb_o.

View attachment 100436

View attachment 100437

View attachment 100438

View attachment 100439

I was within 5 or 6 feet of the baby at one time. After getting these photos, I left it alone and it went back up into the woods close to where I had spooked it while mowing. I'm so happy it wasn't injured.

2. Awwwww, cute indeed!!!! Those pics are great. So glad it wasn't injured.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow
    A tiny Bambi
    How precious
    Beautiful images

4. Thanks Sandi and Gale. I appreciate your comments.

5. Awwww, what a cutie! Baby animals are just tooooo cute! Glad you got some cute shots of him/her!

6. How precious!!! Awwwww......!!!!

7. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Cute series!

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Cute shots. They are usually very timid.

9. Very nice set, i like the 4th one a lot.

10. Thanks, Dianne. It was an experience I'll never forget.

11. Thanks Connie, I appreciate your comment.

Thanks Gloria. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

12. Thank you Torben. This one seemed very curious about me. At one point, I thought it was going to walk right up to me. It was wagging it's tail like it wanted to play.

Thanks Claude. Yes, I like that shot also. I think #3 is my favorite, though.

13. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Excellent Tom.

I've had similar experiences with deer, foxes, and hawks while out on the tractor, and swallows swarm around me when I'm mowing. I've often wished I had a good (shock-proof) way of carrying the camera. [My little 4.5 ton tractor can bounce violently at times.] I could carry my P&S, but that's not the same. If you (or any other tractor people) have any ideas, please let me know.

14. Thanks Bob. I have seen the holster type cases for SLR's and DSLR's (some are large for telephoto lenses). They come with a belt for around the waist. Maybe it could be suspended on the tractor, possibly hanging on the steering column. They are padded fairly well. I know it wouldn't work well around the waist while seated on the tractor.