Cute find in my garden.

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Yvette, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Yesterday I was in my front yard when I heard a rustling behind me. I turned around and there was an adorable little Eastern Cottontail looking up at me. I sat down and took a couple of shots of her then woke up my youngest son as he just asked me a week ago why we don't see any bunnies in our yard. My son kept edging closer and closer to her and she was not afraid at all and even let him stroke her back. I can't believe that a wild rabbit can be so tame. She dissapeared at about lunch time but was back there this morning and spent most of the day lying under a chair on our porch. He is not at all afraid of us so I wonder if he has had human contact before. She seems to be enjoying my newly planted flowers too. She has also gone into the garage and chewed one of the extension cords so I guess we will have to keep the door closed from now on.

bunny1.

View attachment 100425

View attachment 100426

View attachment 100427

2. What precious photos! That's definitely a friendly bunny! You did a great job capturing her too! I just love em all! Keep em comin when you can!

3. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Dianne. I have been away from the forum for quite some time so it is nice to be able to contribute again. This bunny is a real cutie. I hope she sticks around but I do worry about all the cats that wander around and the hawks.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    How did he get close enough to pet a wild bunny

So adorable.

I got a couple of bunny shots last friday morning . The run away to fast.

We used to have a pet bunny that would sleep in the playpen with my son when he was a baby.
    the kids just love that little bunny:>)))))

5. Very nice Yvette, your son must have been very happy to get that close.

6. I just got some bunny shots the other day too, we have a regular resident rabbit... but getting close enough with a 50 is a bit rough.. It's a bit skittish. (which I'm kind of glad... lots of meaner animals in the neighborhood.)
    Those pictures are so sweet. I really do think that animals sense the innocence of children, what a sweet shot! Congrats.

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    The bunny just didn't run away and actually came up to us. We have a pet bunny in the house that we have had for about 5 years and is practically neglected by the kids. One of those pets that Mom end up feeding and taking care of. They were making a big deal of the bunny outside so I told them to go and play with the one inside. I think they are afraid to show interest in the bunny inside incase I tell them to start cleaning out its cage again.

My son was very happy to be so close. Except he wanted to pick it up and cuddle it but I didn't think that was a good idea.

Thank you. I am glad you liked the shots. I think we were just very lucky because I have never seen such a tame wild rabbit. Don't think we ever will again. Unfortunately he was not there this morning. I was hoping he would stick around. Just hope none of the hawks got him because they were going crazy attacking baby squirrels yesterday. They were raiding all the nests. It was qutie sad.