Cute photo I'm trying to save

In the garden with friends last weekend, their son was playing "peekaboo" in the playhouse. Snapped a photo of him looking out - literally grabbed camera and shot. It's pretty bad and so I've been trying to PP/rescue it. Here are my attempts - any suggestions (other than delete the image!!!)

#1 SOOC:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Camera Raw changes to the exposure, recovery, blacks etc, opened in PS CS#, Levels, added curves adjustment layer, then duplicated background, changed blend mode to screen and then added layer so only his face had the screen effect

#3 Thought maybe I'll go completely mad - added a Nik filter and cropped. The noise seems pretty bad now.

Thanks for looking :smile:

Hi Leah

Not sure this works...just an idea

I took "your" images and simply merged them...

Came up with this after masking...

Ray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm - I think it does! I will go play with merging. Thank you very much Ray - I really admire your work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Andrew - thank you SO much, I just did this and it worked perfectly. I have no real idea of what I've done but I can see this being extremely useful in future.

Your instructions were perfect, thank you for explaining so well. The first try I couldn't figure out how to set 50% gray (was using the eyedropper to randomly pick gray on the color selector - then just tried it on another photo and saw the 50% gray option in the drop down EDIT - FILL - 50% gray (doh!!)

I can see this being my new favorite tool - thank yoU!

Hi,

All those suggestions are wonderful for the exposure.

Next, if it were mine, I would crop it! When I look at it, the important bits are the boy looking through the slot and the words "Today's Kids". I would get rid of most of the rest of it. But I'm just beginning, so there may be someone who has a better suggestion for composition/cropping ... ???

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom