Cute short story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbutchin, Mar 2, 2005.

1. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    I posted this in a response in another area, but thought it might give you a smile! I shot a hockey tournament last nite for my son's team. While there was a break in the game the refs came to sit in the penalty box with me. The one ref asked me "how many megapixels is that camera?" I told him 4. His response: "my friend has a 8 megapixel camera, it takes better pictures". Imagine that, he knew before even seeing any of my pics. I wish I had that much insight into things!

Gotta love it!

stephanie

2. Ahh, the power of mass marketing...

Although I don't own one, I can definitely say that the D2H is the world's best evidence that all pixels are NOT created equally. :)

3. Funny, I had a guy ask me the same thing the other day. Megapixels are great, and some cameras are better than others, but it is the knowledge & talent of the person behind the camera that makes the picture great. That is a funny story.

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    LOL, there must be an epidemic of this kind of thinking at the moment. Yesterday I showed my boss some pics I'd taken. His response was a "Wow! You must have a really good camera."

<shrug>

Neil

5. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hi Neil, I read a joke that went something like this -
    photographer went to a dinner party - showed some of his pics to the hostess - she commented what beautiful pics, you must have a really nice camera - his reply great dinner, you must have really nice pots and pans

cute

6. I too was at a youth talent night and was shooting some pictures. I took one of the choir leader and later after the pictures were posted the choir leader came up to my wife and said that no one had ever taken a picture that good of her. She went on to say that "your husband must have a really good camera." Arggggghhhh. This was after I had whitened her teeth, smoothed out her wrinkles, sharpened her eyes, and color balanced the image.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    The behavior that each of you describe is exactly why forums like this one, DPR, Nikonians, etc. are so popular. Nobody but another photographer would have the faintest understanding of what you are all complaining about.

With each other, we can share the joys, accomplishments, milestones, and yes, the frustrations associated with this hobby. We typically can't even do this with our otherwise closest friend, our spouse.

Love the pots and pans analogy BTW.... :D :D

Frank

8. cute story

When asked "how many Magapixels?" I always reply 25,solves alot of small talk.

been using the "you must have some good pots and pans" story awhile,glad to see it still works.

POPEYE

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    I get that all the time. People ask me "how many megapixels" I say 4 and they think I'm joking. "No, really... How many...."

I also get asked alot about hey have you seen this p&s digicam, it's got 12mp. I simply smile and say "it must take wonderful photos" :D

I've yet to have someone actually understand what I ment with that comment.