Cutting Steel...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by p3200TMZ, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Sparks | Sydney, Australia 2008
    [​IMG]
    Bessa R2 | Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f2.0 | Efke KB50 | Rodinal 1:100

This negative is from a roll of film that I used for my first foray into 'stand development'. Rodinal 1:100 at approx 20°C for 60 minutes. Slow inversions for a full 2 minutes at the beginning and let set for an hour, do not touch. Water bath and fix. The negatives are stunning in detail and tonal range. I am a convert.

2. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Wonderful detail. The sparks, the detail of the other stuff on the work table. You are really getting a lot out of that camera. Well done.

3. this one came out great
    an excellent image

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I like it too, a very interesting and creative shot
    Well done

5. Thanks for wasting my whole afternoon reading about 'stand development'!:biggrin:
    That really is beautiful. It must be breathtaking large.:smile: I order a little Rodinal every time I order from Freestyle, stockin' up.

6. Thanks, everyone. Forgot to mention that exposure was 1/15sec at f2.0. And you really need to see it bigger to realise the massive tone range in this negative.

Tim,

Happy to take the blame for your 'wasted' afternoon. I have just souped a roll of Efke R25(120) in Rodinal 1:100 that I plan to let sit for an hour. We shall see...

7. Bravo

That is a terrific image, thanks for sharing it :smile: