1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cutting Steel...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by p3200TMZ, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Sparks | Sydney, Australia 2008
    [​IMG]
    Bessa R2 | Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f2.0 | Efke KB50 | Rodinal 1:100

This negative is from a roll of film that I used for my first foray into 'stand development'. Rodinal 1:100 at approx 20°C for 60 minutes. Slow inversions for a full 2 minutes at the beginning and let set for an hour, do not touch. Water bath and fix. The negatives are stunning in detail and tonal range. I am a convert.

2. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Wonderful detail. The sparks, the detail of the other stuff on the work table. You are really getting a lot out of that camera. Well done.

3. this one came out great
    an excellent image

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I like it too, a very interesting and creative shot
    Well done

5. Thanks for wasting my whole afternoon reading about 'stand development'!:biggrin:
    That really is beautiful. It must be breathtaking large.:smile: I order a little Rodinal every time I order from Freestyle, stockin' up.

6. Thanks, everyone. Forgot to mention that exposure was 1/15sec at f2.0. And you really need to see it bigger to realise the massive tone range in this negative.

Tim,

Happy to take the blame for your 'wasted' afternoon. I have just souped a roll of Efke R25(120) in Rodinal 1:100 that I plan to let sit for an hour. We shall see...

7. Bravo

That is a terrific image, thanks for sharing it :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.