1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CV Ultron 40mm F2 SL II Lens Review

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by etrigan63, Aug 2, 2008.

1. etrigan63

etrigan63

Apr 15, 2008
    Miami, FL
    I have just posted a review of this excellent little lens over at my blog, if you are interested.

Carlos

2. etrigan63

etrigan63

Apr 15, 2008
    Miami, FL
    No comments?

3. cool little lens, of which i had no knowledge prior to your review
    i wonder how you would compare it to the Nikon 45/2.8p?

4. also....
    it would be great if you would post some of your review DIRECTLY here... since you are the one who wrote it
    i bet you'd get much more TRAFFIC that way

5. Thanks for the review Carlos.

I also have this lens but use it not frequently enough. I will put it on my camera this weekend.

6. I just purchased this lens and found it to be pretty amazing. Nice and sharp, good wide open, and a pleasure to use. Your review is dead on!
    Any upcoming reviews on the CV 58 1.4? :) 

7. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Sounds like a very nice lens and a direct competitor to the Nikon 45mm 2.8P.
    Has anyone done a direct comparison?

8. etrigan63

etrigan63

Apr 15, 2008
    Miami, FL
    As a matter of fact, YES. The CV Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II is currently being reviewed by yours truly. I am trying to get in touch with Nikon to get some of their lenses in for comparison. Think positive thoughts so I get the hookup (or if you know someone who knows someone, please put in a good word).

Regarding posting it here, I am trying to generate traffic to my own blog. If I post it here, why would anyone go to my blog?

9. Thank you...Carlos! At NuteShack's urging I started the research (and associated Lusting) process about the CV 40mm Ultron F2 lens. Your comprehensive review was the clincher. The lens has been ordered and will hopefully arrive in the next several days.

10. I do not see the review.

By the way I just got one but I could not set it up to my D700 by using Non-CPU lens data. It says only either 35mm or 43mm in my d700. Please I need help with this. Sorry for chip in this thread.

Thanks for your time and effort,
    Tan

11. Average Joe

Average Joe

May 19, 2009
    here
    dead link here too

12. The lens is chipped!! no need for non CPU data. :eek:  Just put 'er on
    and fire away! :biggrin: EXIF will be correct.

13. Thanks Will.

14. TXAvi8tor

TXAvi8tor

Feb 6, 2009
    Texas!
    Same here; it's 404'd

15. I found the CV Ultron 40/2 SLII and its big brother 58/1.4 SLII having a "very creamier" bokeh than 85 1.4 I own before although they are manual lenses.

16. 3LPCPhotography

3LPCPhotography

Oct 30, 2008
    Canada
    The 40mm Ultron is among my funest lenses. I like to just put it on and go shooting, especailly BnW. contrast and sharpness are wonderful and the small packag of this with the gripless D700 body gives me a feeling akin to what I read from the people shooting the Leica's and GF-1's. A bit bigger but I think the better high iso's is worth it.

Anyways I understand why they like to go shooting with these small bodies and single prime fl. It's just fun and seems more creative.

Yep, I really like the CV Ultron.

17. i want! I want! I WANT!!!

18. kjyuan

kjyuan

Jun 8, 2009
    ca
    definitely looks like a fun lens to go out shooting with

19. Glaudus

Glaudus

Aug 6, 2008
    Belgium
    I recommend it. A pure joy to use with great results.

Arnaud

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.