D-100 Shutter Actuation Count?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by bfullmer, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Here's a newby question for you: I'm looking at buying a D-100 that appears to be in mint condition. I would like to know how to get the shutter actuation count. I believe it has the v2.0 firmware. It has been used as a backup to another D-100 according to the owner.

He recently bought a D-70 as his main body, so this D-100 has moved further down the food chain and is expendable. Curiously he doesn't know how to find the actuation count. Makes me wonder.... Thanks for your help.

Brian

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Hi Paul;

Thanks for the info. I downloaded Irfanview and the associated plug-ins, but apparently the D-100 doesn't include the shutter actuation count. :evil: The EXIF data was there, but no shutter count.

Being the techno-tard that I am, I don't know how to post the image to the Cafe site since it doesn't exist any place other than my computer. :oops:

This is my very first attempt at digital after 30+ years working with film. I don't yet have a Pbase or Smugmug account.

If you know of any other way for me to post the image or some way for me to get the count I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Brian

4. Download this: http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html Shoot a jpeg (not a nef) and download it to desktop and drag and drop it into IE. Right click on the image and select "View Exif/GPS/IPTC with IExif" and it will display the number of actuations near the bottom of the field. Good Luck.

5. Paul & Chad;

I tried both of the programs you suggested and they show a great deal of information, however, not the shutter count for the D-100. After trying these, I figured I'd call Nikon. The tech support guy gathered all sorts of information on the camera (and me), then told me that the shutter count isn't accessable to end users. Oh well, we tried.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Brian

6. ckdamascus

ckdamascus

May 14, 2005
    New Jersey
    If you can somehow get the image to me, I might be able to try to get the shutter information from the EXIF.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

The exif version on the D100 is the old one. Hence no worky for
    shutter release count. Same goes for the D1, D1H, and D1X
    So D2H, D2X, D70 work.
    Maybe D50 ?????????????

Birger

9. MontyDog