D 100 ?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by WHISTLING_WINGS, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Hey guys & gals! I feel so dumb with this but I was told and have read and re read the manual and can not find the following I was told you can crop images if thats even a good choice of words, and crop and then you retain the same res as if you just left it with areas you don't want.I have a D100 I know you guys can set things straight, I was also told there is a on-line site that deals with the D-100 buy a Nikon pro and it covers the manual in a way it makes sence, something Japenese have not done with any camera I have had from f-3 t0 f-5 and now my d-100 :Devil:

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi darrell-

thom hogan has an ebook on the d100, http://www.bythom.com/d100guide.htm. i have his ebook for the d2h and it's worth every penny.

i'm not sure what you're referring to re:cropping, but i'll take a stab at it. when you crop any digital image, the resolution goes down. for example, you can crop a d100 image from 3008x2000 to 1504x1000. you can use interpolation to increase the image size (eg bring the 1504x1000 back to 30008x2000 or even larger), but interpolation usually doesn't give you the same results since the software is guesstimating the added pixels.

hope this helps.

ricky