D-Day Squadron

I saw the D-Day Squadron of C-47's and DC-3's at Oxford, CT on their way to England to participate in the 75th Anniversary of D-Day. I was able to shoot early in the morning and later in the evening.
169278009.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

169278010.jpg

169278026.jpg

169278030.jpg

169278004.jpg

And a bonus shot of some re-enactors at sundown.
169278029.jpg

Real Name
Mike
I’m heading to Duxford this weekend for their arrival. They depart for Normandy next Wednesday in a mass formation of 30+ flyover at Duxford. I’ll post pics.

I’m heading to Duxford this weekend for their arrival. They depart for Normandy next Wednesday in a mass formation of 30+ flyover at Duxford. I’ll post pics.
Just be aware that these formations are not going to be as tight as they were 75 years ago. They spent 3-4 days in CT practicing formation flying and were getting good at it, but they aren't going to get military tight.

Real Name
Mike
Just be aware that these formations are not going to be as tight as they were 75 years ago. They spent 3-4 days in CT practicing formation flying and were getting good at it, but they aren't going to get military tight.

Turns out we were not allowed to get near the planes so all my pics were from a distance.

Regarding the formation, they all took off one by one and headed straight for Normandy. No mass flyover. I’ll admit I was slightly disappointed but I understand that they were running late and still had paratroopers to drop off. Very glad I decided to take pictures of them taking off.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom