D100 does Hooters!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Mar 29, 2005.

1. I was going through my old D100 shots, and I sure miss the camera. Despite all its shortcomings, it was amazingly reliable and solid. In my opinion, once processed properly, teh D100 had the best image quality of all the Nikon 6mp and under cameras. Anyways, here's an old hooters shot that makes me miss the booger!

[​IMG]

2. Looking at that shot makes me nostalgic too...

... but not for my old camera :wink:.

3. hmmm...I'm craving some Hooters hot wings and a beer right now!

4. God, I just love this hobby.

Gil

5. Let me see......but you can't quite rememeber why...right? :D

The one in the middle?

Grrrrrrrr :twisted:

Rich

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOLOLOL you guys are a riot.

I'm calling the RIOT police Flew sent after me. You guys need them more.

Way to go Jonathan. Really great images. Processed wonderful.

Since you have free time you should teach us how to process like that. I would sure like to learn.

Your opportunity to teach classes and get paid on the net. A ton of photogs do.

Cheers Pal
    Gale

7. I don't do anything thing special, I just know how to make my ladies feel comfortable! The post processing is the easy part. My most favorite book, is this old book I picked up at Barnes and Nobles called 'Practical photography'. It focused on technique, composition, placement and creativity.

It is so cool. I still read it when I'm on the toilet or something. Part of photography, especially with people is being able to talk to them, make them feel comfortable, be amongst them. I've noticed a lot of photographers are a bunch of anti-social, voyeuristic freaks who crawl under a rock when it comes to socializing. When I shoot an event, I have a drink (several actually), dance with girls, and enjoy myself. If you as a photographer feel good your photos will reflect the enjoyment.

Okay, enough of that I really need a beer! :p

PS - I'm partial to the dark brunette on the left!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sorry Jonathan, I'm one of these....at least until I have a couple of shots of Black Jack.... :lol: :lol:

Frank

9. That's the fun of event photography, not being an observer, but being a part of the festivities!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey, I like being part of the feshtooviteees.... :?

BTW, how is the new equipment working out??

Frank

11. [quote="Jonathan F
    That's the fun of event photography, not being an observer, but being a part of the festivities![/quote]

Johnathon. Nice work! Tough, grueling work too, I'm sure!

I saw your tagline. Now there are four Dr. Who fans around. CliveGriff has some interesting stuff on the newly re-started Dr. Who in England. Apparently is was a huge success. The Dr., however, did not regenerate from a predecessor. That may be because the FOX TV pilot has Sylvester McCoy regenerate into the 8th Dr. and might have proved awkward trying to morph after one episode.

Rich

12. Yeah, I started watching the series on and off as a kid when they were playing late at night on PBS, it helped that I didn't have cable!

Yeah I was just surfing TV shows on the net, when I tracked the new episode on a bit torrent site. I downloaded it and thought it was pretty good. I don't watch much TV, because I never can keep up with what's going on, so I plan on keeping track of this series!

13. NANCY

NANCY

Mar 14, 2005
    FLORIDA
    Hi Jonathan,
    Do you know who wrote Practical Photography? I just went to Amazon to buy it and wasn't sure if I was ordering the right one. I want to read it and then go shoot some Chippendales! :wink: Just kidding.

14. Nancy:

Why kid. Turn around is fair play. I am sure that we are not sexist in the Nikoncafe.

Gil

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Amen Gil.... 8)

Frank

16. The author's name is John Freeman, but it's really cool because it mainly a generalized book about technique and composition. You can probably pick it for $4.00. That's how much I got it for!

17. NANCY

NANCY

Mar 14, 2005
    FLORIDA
    Thanks, Jonathan. I just ordered the book. I can't wait to see what photo opps I encounter once I have read the book!!!!

18. For $3.00 on Amazon you can't lose. The book is easy reading, but for the price it offers a lot of tips. Have fun! :)

19. How about sharing a tip with me, Jonathan?

You're models seems to giggle and wiggle when you shoot them.
    I tried your "chat-em-up" approach, and this is what I got :?.

What am I missing???