D100 on the way

I just picked one up for $115.00.
The old camera actually has some features that will be good to have like changing metering that isn't menu based. That's something that has always irritated me. If you need to go from matrix to spot it's a few steps and might be to late for the shot, with this camera it a thumb click.
Only problem is it uses compact flash cards, all mine are SD. I have a Sandisk on the way.

I'm figuring my D5000 will have the 18-70mm, the D40 will have the 70-300mm and the D100 will have the 35mm f/1.8 or any non-focus motor lenses I buy.

If anything it will be fun to play around with.

The seller described the "issue" with it:
"I have several D100 digital camera bodies which exhibit the same problem: mode dial malfunctions causing the exposure mode to change. Sometimes this affects the ability to switch the drive mode from S, C and self timer. All the bodies have the same issue but all bodies will take images quite reliably if you leave it in an auto mode."

Doesn't sound like a big deal and the seller has 100% feedback.

I still have my old D100 and do not have that issue. Mine is a little touchy with the meter switch, though. Sometimes it has to be jiggled a bit to change meter modes.
Pictures are still very nice and the 18-200VR is stellar on mine.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe the meter switch need some contact cleaner. He says that auto modes are fine so program p will see a lot of use until I figure out the issue.
My thinking is for the price I'm way ahead.
I went to nikonusa web site and downloaded the user manual.

I hope you enjoy your new camera.

I went from a D70s to a D200 mainly for ergonomic reasons and haven't regretted it for a minute - I'm sure that you'll enjoy the feel of the D100.

I know I will thanks.

I have the D40 and D5000 now and this camera opens up a world
of AF lenses I didn't consider before. Fun!!

The D50 I have listed is my wife's camera. I'm not allowed to touch it. :smile:

I have the D40 and D5000 now and this camera opens up a world
of AF lenses I didn't consider before. Fun!!

Tom, you sure got that right!

IMHO some of Nikon's most interesting and reasonably priced auto focus prime lenses are pre-AFS: 10.5mm fisheye, 20mm f2.8, 85mm f1.8, 180mm f2.8, 300mm f4. I like all of these, and each offers a lighter & more reasonably priced alternative to AFS glass or is something not available at all in an AFS lens :smile:

just think, you could buy 15 like the one you got for the same price as ONE when new......same images......not bad.....I just did the same thing with the D1X; 1/20th original price....

It is something how the price for DSLRs has come down and the technology has gone up. The D100 new release was +-$2000.

The camera is here. Somebody took exceptional care of it. there isn't a nick, scratch or rub anywhere on the body. There is no wear on any of the painted letters leading me to think it's a low mileage unit.
The "Issue" was there. The display was blinking all over the place on everything but the M,A,S,P. I pushed the BKT(green dot) and the flash symbol(other green dot),. WaaLaa gone!!!!!!! Reset and fixed!!!!! I'm bouncing off the walls.

I do have a question already. :biggrin:

If the command dial is off I can adjust the shutter speed but not aperture
If the command dial is on I can adjust aperture but not shutter speed.

off Main=s, Sub=A
on Main=A, Sub=S

What is sub?
I downloaded the owners manual but can't find this anywhere.

Here are a couple quick samples
f06caf64.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4db7e889.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase. Have fun with it. Did you use the 35 1.8 on those pictures? I like the color.

Here it is!!

2f4d4b24.jpg

2f5eb70b.jpg

7536d15f.jpg

6e7c2332.jpg

80b9ed8d.jpg

fcee8404.jpg

1380b553.jpg

well done.. good score and quick fix.. camera reset.
there are many good AI AIS lenses out there that are in as good of shape as that camera. I bought a 180 AIS for 125. that is so sharp, its amazing.

The camera looks like new, has no scratches or marks of use! Congratulations on the purchase ... mine is already very old but is working perfectly and sometimes I still use ...

Latest threads

Top Bottom