1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D1H is still serving me well, I think

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Dennis Carter, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    I would love to have a D3. However, given what I shoot, how I shoot, my "market", and even if I HAD that kind of dough, I don't think I could justify the expenditure.

I have no desire to shoot beyond high school. My "market" is the moms. And I like to shoot tight, real tight, too tight for some. :biggrin:

The only way I can begin thinking about a D3 would be if I started lusting for the AFS 200mm f/2 for indoor swim. At that point, money would be better spent on a D3. Yes, no?

Of course, I still have plenty of room to grow in my D1H as I'm not getting out of it all that it is capable of delivering.

Just thinking "out loud."

2639515939_db2af1da41_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 222271

View attachment 222273

2640342548_2f76d54680_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 222277

View attachment 222278

View attachment 222279

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  2. Use what works that is how I feel. Although I do have a D300 which is amazing. Anyways your shots look great from the D1h.

3. Nice captures. Very impressed with the multifairous sports shot.

4. Dennis,

You have been and still are doing a very nice job with your gear. Remember, it's the mechanic not the tools that gets the job done! :smile:

Steve

5. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Thank you!

This was a compilation of some of my better shots from the year. Looking forward to another year and, hopefully, more improvement.

Steve, your encouraging words are much appreciated.

All, thanks for looking.

6. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Yes, Dennis the D1H is serving you well. And like Steve said it's the mechanic and you produce some great shots with that body.

BUT...usually when I think out loud I am usually close to buying something or trying to talk myself out of it...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Go buy that D3 buddy!:smile:

7. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Can't see your shots. Just blank frames with: "this frame is currently unavailable, FLickr

8. Same here. I was checking back up on this thread and they were there at one point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.