1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D2 series Cable Release

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by triangular, Sep 16, 2005.

1. I'm looking for a cable release for a D2H, for long exposures on 'bulb', beyond the 30 sec. max shutter speed.

What is the difference between the MC-20 and MC-30? About US$50 I guess, but is the MC-30 just as good for a manual release cable with lock on it? It appears the MC-20 has LCD panel with programmable timed exposures and MC-30 just has a manual-only lock and release w/o timer and display. Is this correct?

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Use the MC-20. It can do almost everything except making coffee. I must have 5 or 6 of them by now.

3. But I can't work without coffee. You mean it won't control the timer on my coffee maker? What a rip off.

4. papa85

papa85 Guest

I use the MC-30 , It is fine for all of my usage. It has a lock on it , and it works fine.

5. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I got the MC-20 and to be honest I don't see what's so great about it. Yeah it has some programmability for long exposures but that's not something I've actually had need to use yet. To be honest I kinda miss the cheap little IR remote I had with my D70, it was actually more convenient to use.

6. I use the MC30's I did not see the need for
    all the bell and whistles. I own a watch!

Cheers,
    Robin

7. Jeff,
    I have to agree with you. For $17 I had a great, remote for my D70 which was wireless and had decent range. Now that I have the top of the line D2X, I have to be tethered to the camera with my MC-30 unless I want to spend $$$ for the wireless transmitter. This stinks. I doubt it would have cost Nikon much to put the wireless receiver from the D70 into the D2X.

mitch

8. That's the other problem with buying anything top-of-the-line. Everything will cost more, just because it can!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.