D200 and the 300mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Birds' started by EdMac, Dec 23, 2005.

1. I have finally had a chance to mount the 300m f2.8 lens and take a few pictures. In this case, I have the Nikon TC 1.7 mounted on the lens. This Sparrow was taken at 1/250 sec f8 and ISO 100. The combo was mounted on my tripod using a sidewinder.

These were taken on my deck as a test of the combination with the new D200. Comments welcome as always.:smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Wow!

3. Looks good Ed.

4. Very nice sharp and good color looks liek a winning combo

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW is right.

Looking great ED..

heehee I am so happy for you

6. Wow

Thanks for the nice comment. This lens combination has served me well. It is smooth with the D200.:smile:

7. Thanks

Hi Rory,
    Thanks. The D200is a winner. Have a nice holiday

8. Looks like a great combo! Nice pics...

9. Winning Combo

Thanks Mike,

The 300 is a great lens. Now with the D200, it is even better.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Great shots Ed! Looks like an very nice combo..

11. Happy

Thanks Gale,

12. Great Combo

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the nice words. Now I need to get out for some real shooting.:smile:

13. Shots

Hi Randy,

The combo is a pleasure to use. I am still getting used to the D200. Thanks for your comments. Have a nice hoiday season

14. I would have to say the combination and you did a great job with these. Perfectly exposed and super sharp.
    Dave

15. I like these shots of the little brown sparrow - nicely composed and beautifully finished. The D200 will be a real winner in your hands. Have fun shooting with it!!

16. Looks like things are going to get kinda interesting around here with the D200 and all the birders! :) Nice shots, Ed!!

17. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Ed. I agree with you and the other posters -- looks like a clear winner. :smile:

18. Ed, I really like the focus, sharpness and softness of these images. Would you say that is more the D200, the 300/2.8 or your post processing. Regardless, it looks like a winning combo. I can't wait until I can afford a D200. Unless I win the lottery, I'll be using my D70S for a couple more years. :frown:

Cheers

Tim

19. Combination

Dave,

Thank you very much for your nice comments

20. Brown Sparrow

Hi,

The 300 f2.8 performs well with the D200. Thanks for your nice words.:smile: