1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D200 - Bargain Price

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by grt_napa, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
  2. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  3. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    $4541 with free shipping. That translates into 2855 euros and the D700 list price here is 2600 euros (without the grip).

I might postpone my D700 purchase to early 2009 when I'll be in San Francisco and the Bay area for two weeks. Getting a new D3 cheaper than D700 + grip is tempting. On the other hand I could buy two D700's in California for the price of one here.

One must love the camera prices. It is a shoppers heaven because the new models are driving down the prices of the old ones.

4. The way the euro is going against the dollar you should wait until you come to US.

Les

5. I did just that - bought the D200 last week. Great upgrade from my D70, and I don't too much mind being a bit behind the times.

Barry

6. The D200 is still a great camera.

I find it a bit depressing how folks just "bin" stuff when something newer and shinier comes along, and the low-ball price is frankly nuts!

I think it'll be seen as a Nikon classic, both in image quality and form factor.

7. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    because of the great low price on the D200
    I find myself vascillating on my D300 purchase

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I wouldn't - the D300 is a significant upgrade.

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I still have and use quite often my D50 ! I love that camera. Even if / when I upgrade from my D200 I will still keep the d50 . .

10. Frank et al,

I had a love affair with my D200...found it to be a much better for my needs than my D80. However after lustfully migrating to the D300 I found its low noise level (if you are into low light situations_ to represent a major plus...though I guess not in the same league as the D3. I just added the grip - high quality - and an introduction of big body balance and ease of handling. But for walking around...60 painless seconds later and you are back to a compact body to work and a large LCD screen that is very friendly for my 69 year old peepers. Great problems to have....we are all blessed. My best, Gordon

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

amen Gordon ...we are surely blessed ....;-)

12. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Does the D200 have an AF-on button that works the same as the D300? Up to what ISO do people feel you can shoot well at?

Thanks.

13. I think 1600 is perfectly usable with the D200, so long as you don't underexpose. AFAIK the AF-On button works the same on both cameras.

People getting wound up about $1k for a new D200 makes me realize what a nice deal it was to get a new one for $900 last December.

14. asphoto

asphoto

Aug 18, 2007
    Cibolo, TX
    I was thrown back by the price drop too. I was in the camers store last week and saw they were selling brand new D200 kit for $1,200.

15. Same AF button as the d300. I'm comfortable at sensitivities up to iso800. Here's a sample.

16. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Are you in Helsinki by any chance? I'll be flying from there from NY on the 18th if you need a carrier :) 

17. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Please don't tempt me :eek: :biggrin:

I live about two hours away and will be going to Helsinki this weekend. I just *might* make a visit to the Nikon pro dealer to either/or have a peek at D700 or at least grab a printed brochure to keep me drooling for the next 3-4 months. :Love:

Have a pleasant flight!

18. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Love the photo. I was just out in San Jose. Good weather. Did not realize you were there.

Thanks for the information.

19. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Wow that's tempting! I'd rather get a 70-200VR for a little bit more money though. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.