1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D200 does purple

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by virtuamike, Dec 20, 2005.

1. The D200 is slowly easing its way into my shooting comfort zone. I'm worrying less about the camera and more about the images now.

All ISO800. Could use a touch more detail but overall I'm pretty happy with noise levels. I'm very happy with the colors.

ucd01_full.

ucd02_full.

ucd03_full.

ucd04_full.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Why are you using ISO 800 :>)))))

High iso is getting way out of hand in my opinion.......

Really like the first one

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Just guessing here but maybe he wanted to stop down for some more DOF but still have manageable shutter speeds for handheld or monopod shooting....

Nice shots Mike, that first one is really neat.

4. mike your experiment shows great camera potential to me

5. Yup you got it. Critical in macro to maintain shutter speed especially if it's windy. Plus it was getting dark.

Thx Gale, thx Jeff, thx Dave. Added one more.

6. Looks good to me...very clean! Is it sacrificing detail for low noise?

Ming

7. Actually it should be the other way around. Low noise = high detail.

I'm letting the ISO go up in order to maintain shutter speed. It's been dark and windy all week.

8. Very nice, Mike. Looks very good at ISO 800.

9. These are of course great.

But those D200 colors are starting to get to me.

I have enough cameras. I have enough cameras. I HAVE ENOUGH CAMERAS!!! Argh.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Always a treat to see what you've done photographing flowers! The first and third are definitely my faves!!

Merry Christmas!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.