D200 dynamic range @ISO 100

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Iliah, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
  2. TOF guy

TOF guy

Mar 11, 2005
    Iliah,

How many D200 do you have on order :biggrin: ?

Thierry

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really hate to say this. But with that particular image i am not impressed at all.

Will wait till the camera comes out and see what comes.

4. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Gale,

I'm afraid this image was not meant to be a piece of art. Somebody was just checking camera dynamic range.

5. Iliah,

I am not a pro but I think it has good dynamic range. I can't wait for it to be released so that I can see all of the wonderful photos that will be posted. I think Nikon will be making a few changes to the D200 that they wish they would have done with the D2X. I could be wrong.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Iliah,
    Who took that image.
    Where did it come from.
    Just MHO that is it not shot well at all.
    However, I would guess processing the image and posting to the net is not a fair test really.

7. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Gale, all I can say the image was taken in August. No signs of copyright, unfortunately. The damage was already done when the image leaked out as NEF and was rendered with awful noise to jpg, causing some quite uneven accusations.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Iliah :>)))

9. Well I am impressed - from the faint painting details to the lit bulbs (and burnt ones!) - you can read it all.

10. Since when can anyone shoot well with a test camera :biggrin:
    It seems that every sample produced from any camera before release truly does look awfully shot and with bad performance...but look at the proof in the ones in our hands now- contrary to the naysayers then, they've been shining brightly.

11. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Being the owner of a D1, I am REALLY excited about the D200. I almost bit the bullet and bought a D2Hs, as I don't need the full capabilities of the D2X. The D200 looks like a perfect upgrade path for me.

I can't wait to see more info and sample images from this unit.

C

12. Sorry, I can't agree. The shadows give lots of detail and the bulbs are not overpowering the shot...or even blown out.

Rich