1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D200/EN-EL3e problem

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Cope, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I charged a couple of my batteries last week and even though I let them stay on the charger until cool, they showed way less than 100% (60-80%) on the menu gauge. I emailed Nikon regarding warranty, and was told the batteries had no warranty (less than 3 months old). They asked what the problem was, and today asked for serial number of my D200 and date code on the batteries, as well as an extensive list of questions for me to answer. They now want me to ship the camera, batteries, and all of my chargers to the service center. Has anyone had this problem? If so, were you able to resolve it yourself? I hate to spend a small fortune on UPS and be with out my camera for who knows how long over a battery issue if I can resolve it at home.

2. I've had one battery stop taking a charge. I have 5 and they are all the same age, about a year and a half. They all still say they are at the beginning of the charge life when I look at battery info, except the dead one, of course.

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I compared my D200/batteries to a friend's this morning. My batteries show the same charge on the fuel gaude, but on my top LCD, the battery indicator shows full charge when the battery was at 35%, while his battery icon showed a correct 35% there also. Nikon wants me to send my camera, all batteries and a charger in for evaluation. This is going to cost ± $50 in UPS charges plus 10-14 days w/o my camera. One of my camera friends recommemnded doing a full reset first to see if this would help. I know how to do a menu reset, how can I do a full reset, and do you think it might help?

4. batteries are cheap, cameras get damaged in transit, buy batteries and keep your D200 at home.....

5. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas

I can accept that, but there is an issue with the battery condition indicator in the top LCD. I would like to know how to do a complete (back to original conditions) reset.

6. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    "Qual" and "+/-" button simultaneously for a few seconds, until everything resets... fixed my d70 with a weird buffer problem.. worth a shot since its free

if its not those buttons in particular it is the two buttons with a green dot next/on them...

good luck

7. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    tamar

A different problem, but possibly related. I would email Nikon tech. support, they are pretty prompt to reply.

9. not in my experience. but it looks like it's called the "dead battery syndrome" - i'm going to send it in under warranty... i don't use the camera often anyway lately :frown: whenever i do, i find something wrong with it.

10. pixelfun

pixelfun Guest

I'm just curious, what are the serial numbers on your batteries that are doing this.

11. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Dave

After numerous emails back and forth with Nikon, my camera is doing what it's supposed to, and I only had 1 battery that won't take a full charge. I contacted B&H regarding the issue, and they told me Nikon warranties batteries for 1 year.

I shipped the bad one off to Nikon yesterday requesting a replacement.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.