D200 Firmware Update - Did I miss something?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by thetintypeman, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Hey Folks,

Just out on the Nikon site looking at the 70-300VR's spec's when I decided to go out under the D200 technical areas. Found a new D200 Firmware update 2.0 posted back on March 7, 2007.

Gosh, how did I miss this? I am usually on the Nikon Café at least 10 or more times per week! Anyway, I know this will be a silly question(s), but how many of you have used the update? Do I really need it if I don't use the "Wireless or Image Authentication"? Is there a really good reason or hidden benefit to updating to this new software?

Boy, I really need to stop paying attention to my customers and more time to my camera so I don't miss out on the newest "goodies"! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your responses and Regards...

Jim

2. I would say no Jim. In your lineup I did not see any Sigma lens. I believe it fixed an issue with some Sigmas.

YMMV.

3. Thanks George!

When I saw this I was wondering why I did not see more information flowing back and forth on the Café!

Thanks again..Jim

4. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Rev 2.0 for the D200 was released in the fall of 2006. This isn't a new update, it appears that they updated the posting on 3/7/2007 (maybe an instruction change, typo, or something) but the firmware has not changed again.
    FWIW I think it's a good idea to keep current on the firmware. First thing Nikon service will ask if you should call with a problem is if your firmware is up to date. They'll update it if you send it in as well, even for a cleaning.