D200--Fish?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jczinn, Dec 22, 2005.

1. The cat got bored with posing and I got bored shooting the cat, so I turned to the fish. They are much more challenging :rolleyes:

I'm not sure these "demonstrate" anything; I was just fooling around--but the colors are sure pretty! And, they are sharp enough, I think!

All shot with the built-in flash, manual, 1/125, Auto WB

Nikon 24-120VR, F7.1, ISO 200
    [​IMG]

Nikon 24-120VR, F11, ISO 400
    [​IMG]

Tamron 90 macro, F9, ISO 400 (I tried using the Tamron 90 macro for a few shots, but it just was too slow focusing for moving fish. This is not a good lens for fish!) The 24-120vr was a better choice.
    [​IMG]

I hope Gregory (gho) is around to tell me what kind of fish these are (African Cichlids, but which kind?) I just buy the pretty ones :biggrin:

2. Number 2

I just love the expression on the fish in number 2. It looks like it is sayin "Oh No she is at it again" lol. Hey great pictures. Thanks for sharing.:smile:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great job Janet.
    Well done.
    Color is beautiful.
    Glad to see what the 24-120 is doing as well.

Well the light just quit blinking on the charger.

But going to wait till morning to do anything. I am tired.

4. Congratulations

Hi Gale,

Did I read correctly. Are you now the owner of a D200? f you are, that is great. Mery Christmas.

5. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Janet. I think the second one is my favorite.

You really are a wuss.:tongue: No true photographer goes to bed before 1 in the morning the night they get a new camera. Where's your dedication?
    I'm glad to see that the UPS dude didn't run you over when you tried to jump his truck.

6. Nice fish pics. Yes, the 24-120 works great for fish shots. I also like the little 50/1.8 for fishies. And of course, the "Beast" is always fun to use too!

7. Hi Janet,

Congrats on your D200. I love the fish pictures. The colors are gorgeous!

8. Gale,

Can we all assume (I know, bad word) that you are now the proud owner of a D200??? :biggrin: Good for you! Merry Christmas!

Okay, rest tonight, (oops it's already today), post pictures later!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOLOLOL

Thank you from the old WUSSSSS....

I got this camera for one purpose, to see if I can get speed for flying birds. Ain't no birds flying around the house. :>))) Only a crazy Red Beta swimming around in a bowl :>)) hahahaha he is so funny....

Merry Christmas to all.

10. Janet Great shots of your chiclids they are fantastic fish, show us some more and maybe a full view of your tank

11. Janet, Gregory would be proud of you for these shots. Excellent every one with beautiful colors.

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great shots! I too love the 24-120VR....