d200 focus confirmation problem

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by spellbinder(), Jul 2, 2007.

1. I dont know how my d200 just stopped beeping whenever it focusses. :rolleyes:
    I checked on the configuration, beep is set to high. :smile:
    I miss the beep. :frown:

Could anybody out there help me out to figure what is wrong with my camera? :confused:
    I need that beep back! :Bohoo:

HEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :actions1:

2. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I hate to ask the obvious, but did you accidentally bump the focus mode switch to M? The reason I ask is that I did the same thing today.

3. Or to AF-C.....again, no beep there.

4. pixelfun

pixelfun Guest

Now that you mentioned it, I had to check mine too. It doesn't beep anymore. It's probably some setting i've overlooked in the manual. However, I'll post when I find out what to look for. Anyone else with the same situation?

5. pixelfun

pixelfun Guest

I found that the auto focus beep works when the switch is set to "S" for single servo AF, and in self timer mode.

Did that help?:smile:

6. Arrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I accidentally set the focus mode selector switch to 'C'
    how embarrassing ....

thanks guys!!!!!

7. hehe, we all make those d'oh! mistakes :) just be glad it's not something that require sending your baby back to Nikon for, that would be a serious D'OH!!!

8. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    That's not an accident, that's Nikon's switch design. I don't do it as often as I used to, but I bump mine to M or C occasionally. I think they don't need such a prominent raised area, but when I want to switch with my little finger, it's quite handy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.