D200 forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Czechman01, Nov 29, 2005.

1. So, where is the D200 forum? With release imminent perhaps we should have a forum dedicated to this camera.

Woody

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Why

3. i think this may be a good idea. there will be as much information sharing going on as when the d2x came out and it certainly supported a seperate forum. I know we have many forums now, perhaps too many, but this is a time for celebration and sharing for many, let it be so.

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    As of this post there has only been a total of 575 post to the camera and equipment forum. With that small a number I don't think we need a D200 sub-forum.

5. Breaking up the equipment forum into specific cameras such as the much talked about d200, at least once it is released, would likely produce more hits. Who wants to wade through extraneous posts when only interested in a specific camera? You could always try it and kill it if it doesn't pan out.

6. Simple. In the CAMERAS AND GEAR category there are forums for D2, x, h, and hs; D100, D70(s) and D50 (subtitled "discuss the 6mp DSLRs here); D1, D1h, D1x; and Coolpix.

The D200 does not fit into any of these categories.

Is the webmaster going to create a separate forum for the D200, or combine discussion of DSLRs into one category, or what?????

Woody

7. There is an Idea Woody. The webmaster can do like so many others and replace the D100 with thD200 :^)

8. Imho, we could do with fewer fora, not more. Putting all cameras under one banner, just as we do with lenses, would make for a livelier list, with more responses.

9. I agree entirely and I'm hoping the introduction of the D200 brings about that change.

Woody

10. Funny you should bring that up since we just discussed that this morning. Stay tuned.

11. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    I agree, as well. A Nikon is a Nikon is a Nikon.

As long as it's digital.:smile:

And not a CoolPix.:smile: :smile:

12. I agree with Woody, even though I am not getting the D200 I do remember when I got the D2X, there was a lot of info to share.

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Please take note. We now have a Nikon DSLR forum. This incorporates all of the Nikon DSLR cameras with the exception of the D200. The D200 has its own forum for now. After the new has worn off and the discussion about its operation, techniques, and hopefully not bugs, we will incorporate it into the Nikon DSLR forum.

Thank you,

14. That is why you are the boss and get the big bucks, always thinking! great resolution in my opinion.
    Dave

15. Thank you! :smile:

Woody

16. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

"Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:"

(From Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson)