D200 goes deer hunting.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Bow and arrow deer hunting starts for the first time in my local forest/park here in central New Jersey on Monday. The park is marked with large hunting and a non hunting area signs; apparently these deer are well versed and can read these were shot on the non hunting side :smile:

Shot with the D200, 70-200mm VR and TC-1.4 E Handheld, Expodisc for white balance
    EXIF data attached to photo

Anthony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very nice Anthony. It looks like the deer had you in thier sights.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awww They are so pretty. Great shots

They are smart :>)))))

Run free beautiful ones.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Anthony. I like the 'expression' on (her?) face in #3. :smile:

5. Very nice shots Anthony. I love the lighting and soft atmosphere of all the shots. I wish more people would deer hunt this way. :smile: I like Nos. 3 and 5

Cheers

Tim

6. Thanks Gale! I noticed in your sig you no longer have the 70-200mm VR but the new 18-200mm VR...how come?

Anthony

7. I really like the composition and saturation of colors..........interesting to see your whitetails with the dark outer edges on their ears, never seen that before.........very nicely done Anthony!

8. They are such pretty animals and you have caught them well. My favorite is #2.

9. Hi Keith! What do they look like up in your neck in the woods?

Anthony

10. Frank, Tim and Gordon, Thanks for the comments!

Happy New Year, Anthony

11. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Beautiful! Gotta love the Bokeh the 70-200 produces!

12. LIghter in coloring. Here are a few Anthony......... original.

large.

13. Very nice long tome no see Anthony hope all is well for you and your family. Great shots BTW. Any thing happening at Sandy Hook?

14. Very nice Keith! Which lens did you use for these?

Anthony

15. Hi Mike! Haven't been to the Hook in a few months, but I plan on stopping by this Saturday with my new D200. The ospreys will be back in March!

Anthony

16. Thanks Trish! See you got one of them as well :wink:

Anthony

17. Thanks Anthony, if memory serves me correctly , the doe was with the 500mm handheld, pointed out the window. LOL!!!! Drove by and backed up and sure enough. I really need to buy a bean bag for the window though as the window brackets I dont think are for me:confused:

The buck was with the 300mm af-s f4 w/ 1.4tc I believe. That was a lucky shot as he walked into me without me knowing, scared the crap out of me but managed to get a shot or two before he made it to the next state! :biggrin: It made a nice print, better than the web presentation...............hope that is what you were looking for........