1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D200 & Grid lines

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by DrJani, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I'm feeling like a complete idiot now, but I can't figure out if I'm just doing something stupid here. The thing is, I wanted to switch off the grid lines of the view finder after having them on for quite a long time, and it seems only the lower part will disappear if I select 'OFF' from the menu :confused: 

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the device?

Haven't yet tried to remove the battery for a longer period, 'cause I'm not sure if it would make a difference.

Any thoughts are appreciated :smile:

2. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I turned mine off temporarily the other day, and they went completely off.

3. Exactly. What I'm wondering is if there would be some other menu settings which could affect this...

4. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

When you turn your camera completly off, do they go away? Mine go off also, when turned off.

5. They do if I take the battery out, if that's what you mean. I kept it out for some time yesterday to see if it makes a difference, but it didn't.

6. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Hi Jani,
    I'm sorry to hear this. There is no menu setting to enable/disable the grid display only partially. I am afraid your camera is malfunctioning :frown:

7. That's what I also thought. Just wanted to check here before taking it to Nikon.

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

just turn the grid back on and live with it...i dig the grid ..lol

;-)))

9. Well... I could. But the warranty is still on and I'm afraid there might be also something else wrong if the grid is malfunctioning.

10. I have the grid permanently on as I find it useful for composition

Taffyboy

11. Getting it checked while on warranty is a good move. You never know what other problems might be lurking there.

Max

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.