D200 has been announced!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Backdoctor, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Cool link Harris, thanks! And someone said there wasn't anything new to talk about! These are gonna sell well.

2. $1699.95! That's a pleasant surprise.

3. For everyone except those trying to sell a D2h... or any other Nikon D-body for that matter!

Dang, $1,700... Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Woody

4. As smart as nikon has been with it's (wrongly bashed) long product life cycle this one should be good for as long as the d100 has been.
    8-10 MP is probably going to be the sweet spot for DSLR's for a very, very long time. 5fps...very nice.
    A few poeple may think they need/want more that the D200 offers but, in reality, rarely do they.
    Hip hip hooray for Nikon!

If people would just got over the silly(for most) FF thing this should absolutely blow away that 5D thing made by....uh....uh...who makes the 5D....I forget. :confused:
    Compared to the 5D it is way more for way less.

I'm immensely impressed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  5. well the link worked a minute ago wha happend????

6. My Brother-In-Law just called and said he was looking at it.

He emailed me the link and POOF it was gone.

7. You can find screenshots of the web page on DPR.

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    $1600, that certainly is in pecking range. This may be a good move by Nikon.

9. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I was just on the page and it had the D200 listed under products, but wouldn't load. Hit the back button and now the D100 is listed there again... :eek:

I hope someone didn't have some crossed info up on the site so they pulled it down to update it. Look for that $1,700 to go up a bit, maybe?!?! :mad:

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm glad I looked earlier - I am now convinced the camera is a reality. $1700 would be good, I'd be looking to buy in the near term. $2500, I'd probably wait another year. My camera/computer budget really doesn't allow for an upgrade until next September anyway.

Remember Adobe put ACR 3.2 on their website for an hour or so, then took it down for a few days. This is the same thing. Pre-testing the new web page, so if it breaks somehow, they can fix it before the 'going live for real' date. I'm pretty sure they have the page somewhere on their site, just not at a url we are likely to guess at. Then, when they're ready, they just change a single line, and poof, it's back.

11. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. If Nikon does web security by obscure name, they need to hire new web people. :rolleyes:

13. Rocha

Rocha Guest

It looks like a great camera, and at 1700, sweet!

14. Is the up:then::gone:now site strange or what.

I've heard of vaporware.

Vaporhardware???????

15. Looks like the leak of info was plugged....:frown:

16. Roman, I think it will be a great backup to the X or H as it has 5fps, high res yet in a pinch can be a light walkabout body too. I wouldnt mind having one, after the furor is over and the bugs are worked out....

17. RNeal

RNeal

Oct 15, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm guessing Nikon knows exactly what they are doing, and instructed their web people accordingly. They've been pretty masterful at creating buzz for a long-anticipated product, and getting a lot of free marketing in the process. My guess is that this and other leaks like the photos are just the "guerrilla/whisper" part of their overall marketing strategy.

18. Color me cynical but although Phil Askey complained vociferously about this alleged "slip-up", when the Canon trolls deluge the D1/D2 forum over at DPR just before each Nikon launch he says/does nothing.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2005
  19. Great news! Thanks, Panos, for a link to the screen saves. If those are the actual specs, I'm in!!!