d200 help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corwyn, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Hi Gang,

So I received my D200 and right now I am only using manual lenses at the moment as my other ones are on vacation with my D40 without me.

So, I attach my Nikon 50mm and 105mm both manual lenses. I entered them in the non-cpu lens data screen.

I set the camera to M mode and try to set the A with the sub-command dial -which doesn't do anything and the main command dial to try to send the shutter speed which will only go to a max of 250.

So what am I missing or is the camera broken?

C

2. sorry, I forgot to add that this is only with flash up.

C

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    you would change the aperture on the lens... and the shutterspeed is maxed out at 250 with flash. no problems.

4. Drew,
    Thanks. I have another stupid question.

Trying to play with the bracketing. I set all the settings, but when I hit the shutter release I only hear one picture. googling and reading some other posts it seems to indicated that it should shutterclick as many times as I have set 3. 5. 7. 9 ?

C

5. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    No, you'll have to press the shutter for each bracketing shot (that or my D200 is broken, too :biggrin:). It's a good idea to turn of bracketing when you turn off the camera - it will stay in the bracketed mode otherwise and pick up where you left off (which makes you wonder why the camera is consistently metering 2 stops down :biggrin:)