D200--Interesting Camera Plate

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Tosh, Jan 1, 2006.

1. I prefer to shoot with a handstrap and was very glad to find this manufacturer of camera plates -- http://www.camdapter.com/. Camadapter sells a Double Ended Arca style QR camera plate to which both a handstrap and neckstrap can be attached. I normally use just a handstrap, but it's nice to know that I can add a neckstrap for those occasions when I want a bit more security. The plate on their site for the D70 fits the D200 perfectly. I received mine 2 days after placing the order.

Just thought I'd pass this on as there must be a fair number of folks thinking about a QR plate for their new D200 cameras.

Glenn

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Neat looking set-up.

Thanks,

3. Very interesting. Will any one of those fit the D2X?

4. Phil,

The Camdapter site doesn't mention the D2X or D2H in its list of compatible cameras. The owner didn't have his hands on a D200, but thought the plate for the D70 and D100 would fit. It did. I sold my D2H, so can't tell you whether the D70/100 plate will fit the D2 bodies. The plate is only contoured on one side (camera's back), so it does not completely cradle the camera body. It would probably fit on the D2 body, but it might not be perfectly centered.

There is a general 7 day return, full refund policy. The owner, Jim, seems to be a very nice fellow and I'm sure he would allow you to return the plate if it did not fit your D2X body. I went the trial route with the D200 and he very much appreciated it when I told him his plate fits the D200. Because the D2X has been out for a while, he might already know whether the D2X is compatible with his existing plates.

Glenn

5. Thanks, Glenn.

I have sent an email to Jim and will let the Cafe know when he replies.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hmmm that is a pretty cool plate.. I might have to look into one of them after I return from vacation.

7. ReallyRightStuff's quick-release L-plate for the D200 supports attaching a handstrap. I'm looking forward to receiving my L-plate in a few days.

Guy

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi guy-

i wasn't aware that RRS had a plate for the D200, thanks for pointing this out. please keep us posted on how it fits and how the handstrap works out.

ricky

9. I put my universal kirk plate on the D200

not to good :(

it flexs... bends.... wobbles....

trying to do a quick photo... and make a small adjustment.. i moved the camera... and tripod did not move just the camera flexing....

shooting with D200 with MB-D200 grip