D200 iso's

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by mitchellbrown, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Um......I don't know what I have done or haven't done but isn't there any iso settings on the D200 between 800 and 1600?

Mine jumps right to 1600 after 800. Is this normal? if not then how do I get those back?
  2. I think the only way to get intermediate iso values is to use "auto-iso". This hands control to the camera, so you still can't select intermediate values of your own choosing. Presumably, the camera will select the smallest value needed to get the correct exposure.
  3. pixelfun

pixelfun Guest

Your ISO Step Value is probably set to 1. Go to Custom Settings B2, and change that value to 1/2 increments.
  4. You should be able to set intermediate values. Are you seeing all the values (in 1/3 or 1/2 stops) from 100 to 800 ? Do you perhaps have the ISO step value setting (custom setting b2) set to whole stops rather than 1/2 or 1/3 stops?

5. ...or 1/3 increments.

6. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, all. My D200 was set to 1/3-stop increments already.

Nevertheless, I do think auto-iso will select even finer increments.
  7. Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    It will, because it is king, and we are not.:wink:
  8. with the latest firmware on the D200, I have no problem setting in between ISO using the dial to 1000, 1250 etc. I have custom setting B2 at 1/3rd.

Dumb question but you do have the latest firmware, this feature came with it.
  9. According to the Nikon UK and US sites there's no mention of this being added in firmware 2.00 for the D200. My D200 came with 2.00 installed so I can't say for sure though. :cool:

I think the D2x had ISOs between 800 and 1600 added in firmware 2.00.