D200: Latest News ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panos Kazanelis, Oct 27, 2005.

1. ...at least local news regarding Greece and Cyprus.

Thursday, October 27th, 2005 | 12:20 (GMT+3)

Greece:
    My dealer told me a few minutes ago, that we won't put me down on any lists!!!
    He said "Give me a call next coming week, and come and get it...!!!" (???)
    Price range on the shelf €2,200 - €2,500 body only.

Cyprus:
    Since yesterday they are occupied with stock clearance and new products reception... (???)
    I left a message at the desk and the secretary was kind enough to ask me "What is going on with this D200...!!!" (???)
    I am on their waiting list though...

Both claimed no product will hit the market this coming week.

2. Ask your dealer if he has any Scandinavians coming anytime soon? :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

(Inside joke!)

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Info from CI

Though I can't read French (or speak it, for that matter) some things I was able to decipher. D200 to be announced soon, early Nov, delivery in smaller numbers starts Dec 2005, better supply in early 2006. Price under 2000 euros for body, 3000E for body with 18-200. CCD at 10. mp, the 5 fps frame rate seems likely. Does have ability to use AIS lenses. We will have to wait until release for the rest of the specs.

4. Dude I can't wait test the D200 bad boy in the field. I'm gonna abuse that sucker and the camera is going to love it! haha!

5. D2XDeb

D2XDeb

Oct 21, 2005
    Manhattan USA
    D200

I have seen a few photos of it on other boards, as well as the (alledged) 18-200mm lens.
    Does anyone know of a price for the lens? Or when either will be available in the USA?

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    For some reason that price seems very high to me.

:confused:

It had better be the bomb.... :cool:

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    D200 Release date and Price

It would appear that we will have to wait until Nov when Nikon officially opens it's mouth. The CI article appears to say some cameras may appear before Christmas, larger supply in early 2006. Price in Europe under 2000E (body). Using a direct exchange, that's $2400 US, but, past has shown that USA prices tend lower than the prices in Europe. Bottom line, we have to wait a little more.
    I wonder if the latest "leak" is on purpose??????

8. Scott, you're right... my bad (again) $2,200-$2,500 -prices were in USD...
    so that gives us €1,650 - €2,000 in Euros... sorry...

However, don't be surprised if it gets as low as $1,500...
    NOW THAT should be a real bomb...!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  9. I would think they would need to price is closer to 1800 to 2k USD. The need to price it semi close to the Canon 20D in order to win back all the weak souls that couldn't wait for it to arrive. :D

10. Canon users are weak-minded. What do you expect? :tongue: :biggrin: :cool: Flame suit on!

11. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Nikon Press Conference early morning 2 Nov. Probably playing around with it then. Only thing of interest (to me) is whether it has useful UV and/or IR response. If so, I'll buy a few of them and rip out the internal filters, otherwise I really don't care.

12. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017