D200 Newbie - Bracket Question(s)

I would like to make certain I acquire the proper brackets. My gear is listed below in my signature. When I purchased the 300 f/4, the seller included two quick-release plates for lenses that are compatible with the Bogen-Manfetto 486RC2 Ball Head. I will use the second for the 80-200 lens.

My shooting: Landscapes; Birds; Sunsets; People Candids. I like both horizontal and vertical shots.

THE QUESTION: What camera bracket should I get that is compatible with my Bogen-Manfretto 486RC2 Ball Head? Should I get the standard camera-plate or the L-bracket since I do like vertical shots.

I have tried to research online without success to determine whether my ball head is an Arca style quick release platform. I was alerted to this question when I visited Kirk web site, viewed their L-Brackets, and then read the Arca-Style requirement.

Any and all comments and suggestons will be greatly appeciated.

R

RandyB

You can replace the clamp on your bogen head with a Really Right Stuff clamp and then use their L bracket. I did this with my bogen head and love the L bracket

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom