D200 on RAW+JPEG gave 2 JPGs, fixed by Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by WSemmelink, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Hi
    I searched the forum, but could not find a similar thread yet.

I have a December 2005 Nikon D200; and I one day noticed the camera had a firmware bug: each time I set it on RAW+JPEG, I got two JPG files with the same name on the memory card. When you download to a PC, Windows would name the one as on the card, and one would be named DSC03557(1).JPG, or something similar; due to the duplicate file name. RAW on its own was OK, and JPG on its own was OK as well, but the camera refused to do both.

It never bothered me, as I prefer to shoot RAW anyway, but this weekend I somehow thought to try the Version 2.0 firmware upgrade that was released months ago and voila! bug is fixed.

Regards
    Willem

2. Mrc_

Mrc_ Guest

That is good to know! i also have that same problem and when contacting Nikon they suggested to install nikon view and then it would be fixed......didn't want to much of programs on my pc so i used a portable HD and that worked fine.
    Now i'll probably do the upgrade as well.

Regards,Marco.

3. d200 since jan 06 - firmware as new, have never seen a dual jpeg with the same name when shooting raw + jpeg,.

I suspect many people would have complained if the problem was widespread,. is curious..

Sil