D200 or not D200?

Didn't realize Bertrand already purchased the D200.
~disregard my last post LOL.
Good thing Thom's book came with the cam.... there is alot of
stuff to figure out with that sweet cam.

Enjoy it Bertrand!
-jason

Congrats on the purchase. If all is fine with the camera, you got a smoking deal. The D200 was my crossover model from Canon. I was instantly thrilled with it. Only complaints were mediocre battery life. I turned of the LCD review, and the shot count per charge shot up dramatically. I just hit the play button if I needed to chimp. Also, it seemed images were a little flat straight out of camera. NX really brought a lot of snap and detail out of the NEF's though. Enjoy!

J

jcovert

Also, it seemed images were a little flat straight out of camera. NX really brought a lot of snap and detail out of the NEF's though. Enjoy!
haha I made the mistake of saying the same thing on another forum recently, and a guy posted up OOC jpegs done with High Contrast, and they looked..well..not flat!:wink: So even though I haven't tried myself, it is possible to get OOC jpegs that look pretty darn sweet.

:Love: my D200

I'm sure my settings weren't opimized for OOC viewing. It's wasn't really a complaint, but more like advice to not be discouraged if shots seem a little flat. The detail is there. The files really come to life with NX.

Well I was thinking the grip could be great but really I now have to stop spending money and learn how to use that gear the best.
The d200 has been superceded by the d300, but it's far from obsolete. It will work particularly well with your 70-300VR. Here's a few samples.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 219035

View attachment 219036

View attachment 219037

and just in case you were worried about the d200's high iso performance, this was taken at iso1600.

View attachment 219038

I'm sure you'll love the d200.

thanks.
I am already enjoying it very much. Even though I am quite new, I can feel the diffences from my D100. The D200 is in amazing condition, so it was indeed a good deal!
I'm gonna have a great time with that camera. I am sure of it!

Bertrand-

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy the D200 and will enjoy growing photographically. Nothing like it. Great camera and great fun!

Ron

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom