D200 Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, Dec 23, 2005.

1. I have a D200

63.3%
  2. I have ordered a D200

10.0%
  3. I will order a D200

26.7%
  1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Lets see how many have it or have ordered or will order......

2. I don't see a "No" option...

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I kind of ran out of patients in trying to get one and bought a used D2H, which I hope I am going to love if Fedex ever gives it to me!! (hopefully they will today)
    Figure in a couple months that Nikon will have started to met the demand and then I will sell both my D70's and add some $$ to that and get one.

4. picked it up yesterday (and a spare EN-EL3e :wink: :wink: )

5. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I have to go with the unstated NO option as well. Although I got the OK from the wife, I used the opertunity to get some faster glass and a backup body
    (D70). The wife also got me a 16MP digital back for my Contex 645 So no need for the extra MP

6. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    When I told my husband about the enthousiastic reactions here on the D200 and the Nikon DX VR 18-200 mm lens he responded to my surprise that this might be an interesting camera to replace his Sony DSC f717 :biggrin:

Roosje

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I preordered a D200, then after multiple questions I posted here:smile: , I opted for the D2x, thinking I'd get a D200 later on, as a backup.
    I'm pretty happy with my choice, though I don't think I could have gone wrong with either model.
    Like Arthur Kramer used to say, "No one was ever sorry they bought a Nikon".

8. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    How about a "no plan to buy yet" option? :smile:

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I didn't add an option for "No" because I thought there were only two types of people; Those with a D200, and those wanting one..... :Crunk:

10. A D200 was delivered to my house yesterday. Unfortunately, I am 1,000 miles away and won't open the package for another six days. Oh, the agony!

Guy

11. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Oh, no....that's our definition of torture! :eek:

13. Another looking for the no option I'm afraid. I have come to realise that as I don't print bigger than 10" wide (forget all that 300dpi cr**, 200dpi is plenty enough) and otherwise show my pictures on the web (800*524 pixles) my D1H actually does all I need. Even if you want to project your images most digital projectors aren't more than 1024 * 768 and images from my D1H projected 10ft accross looked very acceptable.:biggrin:
    Anyway given the choice between 3weeks in India looking for and photographing Tigers and other wildlife and a D200 the answer is obvious:BigGrin:

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm in the no column too. While, of course, I want one, I have no over-arching need that will cause me to spend $1800 yet. I imagine that I will eventually get one, but for now it's still me & the D100.

15. Couldn't you say that about the D2X as well?

The D200 seems like a great piece. I imagine I'll end up with one or its replacement one of these days, but I kind of like having two matching bodies and the D70's are working for me right now. (Well, the one isn't working but is being replaced! :rolleyes: ) I do long for better high ISO noise and a cable release, but other then that, I'm good for the time being. I've come to the conclusion that if you put good glass on a camera, you'll get excellent pictures. So, at least for the time being, I'm working on glass. :biggrin:

Additionally, I was the first on my block with a D70. That early build camera is now being replaced by Nikon for repetitive failures such as the BGLOD, the ERR message, etc. I'll let all you beta testers get the bugs out first this time! Once was enough for me...

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Chris ,
    My D200 is growling at the D200 :>>

It is very mad at me. To add insult to injury it has been reduced to the 24-120 VR from the 80-400 VR..

It is very sad seeing a Big camera cry :<((((((

Merry Christmas :>)

17. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

You could, except for the price....that is a big difference....

The funny thing is that what finally "sold" me was when I checked the tech spec and saw that the D200 is only 8 ounces more than the D70; I didn't want a larger heavier camera (back in "the day" I bought the Olympus OM-1 because it was so much smaller than other good SLRs). After playing with the D200 for several hours last night I'm satisfied with it's weight, size and abilities.

18. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

That's all that really matters anyway, no matter the specs, popularity..etc.:smile:

19. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

20. I must also go into the no, not me column. I hear over and over that the D200 is almost a D2x. I have THE D2x which is the D2x not almost. My wife Marjorie has and loves her D70. What I don't have and may never have unless prices come down quite a bit is the 200-400mm. If I were to buy the D200, that would pretty much put the 200-400 so far out of reach, it will never happen.

I also am a bit concerned with the reported battery life. I know it is not a D1/x, but I have been there with the D1x and battery issues and don't wish to return. I like chimping and histograms and being able to use all my buttons and lights and VR/AF/S/super duper long zooms and all the other little whistles and bells when I want to without worrying about having enough juice to make it through the day, what ever the day might bring.