D200 Problem w/ 50 1.8

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by mf44, Dec 21, 2005.

1. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    Hi folks,

Been playing with my D200, only used AFS lenses on it before, but I just tried the 50 1.8 AF-D. When I put the lens on the first time it was a tad bit difficult to get on and once I did that I got the FEE error. I took it off and remounted it, played with the aperture ring, etc and finally it's working now and the lens mounts a bit easier. But for some reason, the auto meter off feature won't work with my 50mm. It was quickly flickering FEE awhile ago, but it isnt doing it now. Is it possible there is still an issue of connectivity with the lens and the body? I get no errors on my D2x and D70. I think I'm going to take it in to Melville since I'm up here for a month, but just wondering if anyone had similar experiences.

Edit: Nope, it's still giving me the FEE error despite remounting a few times. It's going in for service for sure after my xmas travel. The aperture ring is a bit loose, so that may be it, but I would assume that would affect all my cameras.

2. Hi Mike

I've not noticed any problems with mine so it looks like it could be specific to your lens.

3. Elementary, but did you clean the contacts??

4. Be sure you set the aperture ON the lens to the highest setting and lock it down.

5. Hi Mike, I just checked with the same lens and camera and I'm not experiencing the problem you're having.

Anthony

6. just a thought, maybe set under your custom functions, function F-something- command dials, the third one (aperture setting) to aperture ring instead of command dials and control your aperture through the ring itself- that should eliminate any FEE errors- if not then there's a real problem I would think.

7. TOF guy

TOF guy

Mar 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Hi Mike,

been using the same lens since the 17th. without any problems. It did seem very tight the first time mounted (but, this is my first digital, moving up from Canon film cameras). I have removed and mounted the lens three times and have no problems.

9. No issues here with mine either.

Ming

10. This may be the problem, but not quite.
    It is possible that the OP has snapped the AI coupling tab on the body- it's in a different position from the EE aperture tab that exists on teh D70, and is probably a much tougher fix.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017