D200, Reversed lens Ladybug.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Tried out the reversed lens today and I think its going work to out well, metering was accurate and the better viewfinder makes it easier to see when focusing stopped down.

Just used the built in flash for lighting, first pictures lacked contrast so I made a lens hood out of a rear lens cap with a 3/8" hole, I think the hole could have been even smaller. Made a big difference.

Found a Ladybug wintering by one of the windows and took some snaps.

The files have good detail but I think they will need carefull post processing to bring it out and will benefit greatly from careful fine tuning.

[​IMG]

Martin

2. Excellent detail. which lens did you reverse? how did you set it up?
    Dave

3. I use an old Yashica 28mm and a BR-2a reversing ring, with a diffuser for the pop flash.

I put the camera on manual and set the maximum aperture in the menu to the ftop the lens was set at which was f11 then the flash was set to ttl and fully automatic.

Thanks

Martin

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Cool Shot...

5. Sure didnt take you long to start playing Martin :wink:
    Nice detail ......

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  7. Thanks, Happy New year to you also!

Martin

8. Hi Martin HAPPY NEW YEAR. I can count on you to always come out with some great shots and this is another one. Your inventiveness is always interesting. Keep up the good work.
    Pete

9. Here is a picture of the Reversed lens setup.

Thanks everybody for the comment and Happy New year to you all.[​IMG]

10. I second that!

Nice shot, Martin!

Cheers

11. Neat shot Martin...:biggrin: I see there WAS a D200 under your Christmas tree.........:wink:

12. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Very, very clever, thank you for the shareware, and nice ladybug too.