D200: Screengrabs of the Official Announcement by Nikon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panos Kazanelis, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. So finally it will be a new 10,2 Mpix CCD. A 10.2 /5.8 Mpix High speed crop is not bad at all. Hopes that the noise issue at high ISO will be addressed «correctly» by the new CCD.

3. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Panos, you are the man!! :biggrin:

4. I would imagine if they did a high speed crop mode, the camera would be capable of more than 5 FPS.

5. I've said it once and I'll say it again...it better have a grip! :mad:

6. We heard ya man... chill... it WILL... otherwise am ****** next to you... :wink:
    (internal joke)

7. Just for the sake of speculations, I don't know if the yesterday leaked pictures of the camera are real or not but one did show Cl and Ch on a shooting mode dial.

Also, Nikon can strategically decide to limit the D200 frame rate because
    1) they don't want the D200 to be in competition with the D2X
    2) High frame rate + High Mpix image could mean large image buffer. Since these high speed «RAM» buffers are expensive, a large buffer will result in a higher price tag for the D200.

To think about it, deep down, I would love to have a 5FPS, 18 NEFs buffer at 10,2 MPix.

8. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I don't see anything about HSC in those specs; is HSC even possible with CCD? (I know image data is read differently between the two sensor types). Cl versus Ch has nothing to do with HSC, Cl lets you shoot at a lower than maximum framerate for times when you only need 2 or 3fps and don't want to waste card space.

There's another image on the DPR thread showing simulated viewfinder, not sure if it came from the Nikon site or not:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/r...essage=15609988

If this is legit it sure doesn't look anything like CAM2000. Note the rectangular AF indicators, that would imply no multiple cross-type sensors.

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
  10. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    great find panoz. and robert, thanks for hosting the files again.

the price sounds just right, $2k including the vertical grip and a spare battery. now, any word on the price of the 18-200mm?

ricky