D200 Specs Online! Italian Leak- Incl. Grip and DK-21M :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AFS, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Guys and Gals, the Italian importer for Nikon has leaked the D200 specs and press release!
    Some important points:
    From my Italian IV-Honors knowledge plus some babelfish :)
    10.2mp CCD

ISO 100-1600 in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 stop increments plus ISO boost one stop past 1600 (ISO3200). Full Range 100-1600; 3200 Hi

CAM1000- 11 AF points,

Focusing screen- Brightview with optional grid

Shooting modes - Single Shot; Low Speed Contiuous Shooting (L)
    1-4fps; High Speed Coninuous Shooting (H) 5fps; Timer; MLU.

Shooting Buffer - 23 NEF (RAW); 54 JPEG(normal)

Meter Coupling- CPU and AI! (has at least spotmeter with noncpu....)

Viewfinder readouts - Focus areas, selected focus area, exposure comp, ISO, shutter, aperture, flash, shots remaining, shooting mode.

Viewfinder- 95% coverage, 0.94x magnification with 50mm lens at infinity focus :)

DK-21M MAGNIFYING EYEPIECE ACCESSORY

Shutter - 30s to 1/8000s

Flash syncronisation - up to 1/250s

Flash - i-TTL

Flash Sync Modes - Curtain; Red-eye reduction; Slow Red-eye; Slow; Rear Curtain.

Built-in Flash - Guide numbers@ISO100 are 12/39

WT-3 Wireless Transmitter

MB-D200 Battery Grip- 2 EN-EL3E batteries or AA's.

EN-EL3E extended life battery

WB- Auto, Presets, Custom and Kelvin

GPS support

IT looks like my every dream has been realized....a camera with 5FPS, great AF, great body, ISO 100-1600 and 3200, 10 megs, Wireless, better battery, vertical grip... big VF plus a Dk-17M type accessory for it!

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Man I have to go change my shirt already after drooling over that camera specs... :cool:

I hope that it ships soon and that I can sell one of my D70's for a decent price. (and that the one that I am shipping to Nikon today doesn't cost to damn much to fix)

3. I am almost afraid this is one big dream..... 'cause this camera seems to be absolutely PRECISELY what I wanted and then some! I know i'll be among the first to grab one and that a second one won't be too far behind.
    And if Bjorn finds it's good for UV/IR response....I may have to end up with 3 ;)

4. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    I'm still wondering about this CAM 1000. The focus points seem really condensed in the sample viewfinder image that I saw, and I wonder how many of those 11 points are cross type. Can we infer, by the fact that Nikon labelled this CAM 1000, that it is inferior to the focus in the D1h, F100, etc, that use the 1300? I'm on the waitlist at four locations, but I don't think I'll send in my NPS priority purchase request until I can get a little experience with the AF.

5. You should proly make it known that the WT-3 is an optional accessory and not included..

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Specs seem good but I wonder about the AF as well. Cam 1000 doesn't seem like much of a jump from the D70's.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    What?!? No iso 6400?

8. There must be some weakness in the D200. I'm guessing the AF system. I'm definitely gonna shoot only f/2.8 and faster glass on this camera. I'm already spoiled by CAM 2000! :wink:

9. Isn't Japan 17 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time?

Should have been an announcement already for the Japan domestic market?