D200 test diary, day two: rainy and dismal...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ming Thein, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Stormy
    [​IMG]

Tranquil
    [​IMG]

Just plain old dismal
    [​IMG]

All shot with D200 and 18-200VR, wide open. I love this lens. Can't say it enough! :biggrin:

Ming

2. excellent shots Ming. I can see why you are liking that combo!
    Dave

3. I have to say I'm still not sure about the camera. But the lens...oh baby. :biggrin:

Ming

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent.

Taken in camera b/w or processed NC b/w.

Really great.

5. Thanks Gale. Shot raw and converted in CS2 using the NC adaptor. (Man, that plugin is SLOW! I can open half a dozen D2X raws in ACR before the NC plugin has even finished one.)

Ming

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ming,
    The D200 files aren't that much smaller.
    I will have to say I do miss ACR for some raw images.
    NC and D200, Man you better come real close to nailing it.
    The series I posted a bit ago Have very little done t them Processed in NC, resized and cropped in PS

I really don't care all that much for b/w, however your images here are very appealing.

7. Thanks Gale. NC was so slow I've gone back to shooting jpegs. Shame, becuase the difference is amazing...

Ming

8. Ming, Just wondering but when you run NC 4.4, are you running your internet at the same time?
    I find that if I disconnect my network connections and unplug the cables, turn off my firewall and antivirus programs, and turn off my instant messenger etc. NC runs twice as fast.

Those are really fantastic shots. You're my new role model :smile:

9. Thanks Harrison!

I'm not using NC; I'm actually using the PS plugin (saves me having to batch as a tiff, then re open). I think the reason it's really slow is becuase it opens as 16 bit by default; can't see any option boxes where I can change this.

Anyhoo, I'm back to shooting jpegs for now:tongue:

Ming

10. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Great pictures and beautifull B/W Conversion. Especially number 1 and 3. 3 is my favorite though. I feel something when looking at it.

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Ming,

Very nice artistic compositons. Looks like you are enjoying your new D200:smile:

Regards

RFC

12. Thanks...but it's not mine! Just as well, I dropped it onto a concrete floor today...filter ring of the 18-200 is cracked but everything still seems to work okay :tongue:

Ming