D2h 2.01

Take a "before" and "after" shots, if you are upgrading. Blotches in shadows seem to be reduced.

Iliah said:
Take a "before" and "after" shots, if you are upgrading. Blotches in shadows seem to be reduced.
DISREGARD; FIGURED IT OUT

Time for a stupid question from the duffer. When I download all I get is the .sit fiile. The instructions say a folder with 2 files is supposed to be created. Nothing happened after downloading the file. Help.

Thanks, Rich

Iliah ...

Call me crazy, I see no noise performance difference in the before after FW shots I made.

I did find that the Jpeg also produced less noise than RAW though in the same little test I made.

I just upgraded my D2h FW and took the same sequence of photos before and after. The conditions are a combination of halogen and incandesent lighting, WB set to incandesent, aperture priority, spot metering, jpg fine, tone normal, sharpening off, color mode I.

Here is the photo and the 1:1 crop area (blue rectangle 400 x 100 pixels)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the samples:
View attachment 5362

So Rory ...

hillrg said:
I just upgraded my D2h FW and took the same sequence of photos before and after. The conditions are a combination of halogen and incandesent lighting, WB set to incandesent, aperture priority, spot metering, jpg fine, tone normal, sharpening off, color mode I.

Here is the photo and the 1:1 crop area (blue rectangle 400 x 100 pixels)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the samples:
View attachment 5364

What is your own conclusion to this test ...

FWIW, I don't see any real difference in Incadecent lighting but today, I made sure I shot higher ISO than usual and found the nois to be very smooth. Weird ...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom