D2h beats the mud, rain -Welsh summer wether!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Simon Evans, Jul 21, 2008.

1. I was working on July 10th in Mid Wales (UK) at an evening Mx event. Normally, out of the three rounds at least two are in fine summer weather, this year though its been three wet ones:frown:.

I got home about 10.30pm after doing photos
    d2hmuddy.jpg

for a Uk off road Motorcyle paper and then had to do a report, before flying to Zante in Greece for a weeks family holiday.
    As such, I just had to put the D2h away to let the mud dry out, today (Hopefully) I am about to try and clean it!
    It performed faultlessly yesterday at a dusty Motocross event, doing 1,569 photos and still has 54% left on the battery.

I just love these cameras, they work through anything.

dirtyd2x002copy.jpg
    dirtyd2x005copy.jpg
    dirtyd2x003copy.jpg

2. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    wow go D2h!

3. WOW! and that first shot--how in the world can the rider see???

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Cool :cool:
    Is that first photo of a ghost?

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Wow, I knew the flagship bodies were built to take a lot but this really shows me how durable they are.

When I eventually step up to a higher standard SLR I'm pretty confident I'll be looking for a used D2H.

6. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I gotta say... that is just awesome!!

I've always been a fan of new stuff when it gets old and old stuff made new again and that Nikon just takes the cake!

I love it!!

And, Kudos to the Sigma as well!

Are you still going to use that body for weddings???

7. Hi Simon,

Thanks for showing the muddy D2h,now i am sure to take my d2hs out in the dirt.

regards arthur

8. lol, got my fairly clean D2h for weddings and the d200.

The muddy d2h is still unclean, infact it looks a little dirtier now after sundays fine red dust!

9. No, leave it out in the rain!!:biggrin:

10. Incredible !! I get upset when I find some dust on my camera. And great picture!

Really.....how do you clean something like that??

11. I almost passed out when I saw how dirty that camera was...I'd never even allow a speck of dust on my camera, let alone a clump of mud!

12. I usually use something sharp (knife blade) to pick off of much mud as possible and cotton buds to get into hard to clean spots.

Its just part of my job that my Mx gear will get dirty! The flash got so wet it stopped working, till it dried out!

13. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    If ever I had doubts about shooting in lousy weather conditions, you have certainly put them to rest. I'm been reluctant to shoot in just a light rain shower. Awesome!

14. This
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2Z7vny7YY

The Wston Beach race is the real camera killer, a mix of sand and sea water!

Thats me in the blue jacket coming into frame at about 13 seconds

I have worked here the last three years (acutally been doing it 12 years) with my Mx paper editor and each year his Eos 1D ish has packed up. Nikon's just keep going through it though!

15. Billydix

Billydix

Feb 13, 2006
    This is why it is called a PROFESSIONAL body. I hope many now understand why the D? differ from the D???

16. rawke

rawke

Jun 16, 2008
    Canada
    mmmud! sounds like to should reinvest in one of those tanks for shooting football during the snowy Canadian autumns...too bad there is such a premium for the "S" upgrade

17. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Great photo of the motocrosser. The Nikon D2H rocks. I wont stop carrying and using mine even thought I have a D3 and a F4. It warms my heart seeing a camera that dirty. Somtimes we forget that these "things" are just tools. tools designed to be used . Somtimes the conditions are always sunny 16.
    Its nice to have tools that dont need to be babied. nikon rocks.

Greg

18. i want one now after seeing what it can put up with. im a little thrown by the 4.1 megapixels though.

19. that camera body is something
    that first shot.... oh so cool

20. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Tough as nails too.

I've dropped mine a few times.
    I mean to the point where I was like OH Oh!
    kiss it bye-bye!
    But it keeps on going