D2H --Hmmm..I think it's my turn soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bendheim, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Just when I thought I'd escaped, my D2h is doing funny things. It takes a black frame every now and again when powering up for the first time. And in the RockWorld shoot I did, it did two black frames. And had a bit of trouble focussing from time to time. Sounds like a visit to Nikon South Africa. Sigh. At least when it returns, I know it will be pretty fine for keeps. There's never been a double repair I've heard of.
    I still think it's the best camera I've ever had the pleaure to use, but I'm obviously not Houdini !
    Best
    Peter

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Peter,

The black frames sound more like a CF card problem than what has been experienced with the D2H (at least to my knowledge). I assume that you have tried formatting your card(s) in the cam, and tried more than one CF card?

I hope that is all it is.

Frank

3. Frank..

Thanks Frank-it's happened with more than one card (i think), but I'll try it out a bit more and see what happens. I did a thorough DPR search and it seems it's possibly a shutter issue. Ron Resnick said that from "anecdotal experience" that's what he thought, in answer to one of the posts I researched. I could have a bad card or two, so I'll swap them around and see what happens. Thanks. It's not unexpected though and in someways I'd rather have it happen and get it over and done with, knowing that the repairs seem to pretty much cure the D2h for once and all.
    Best
    Peter