D2H meter. What is it going to cost?

No whining from me...scout's honor....

28,000 shots in two years.
My 13 y/o daughter's been loving the camera.Like the song...hakuna matata.

But...meter's frozen up.

Havel here in San Antonio is the factory authorized place.
I'll swing it by Friday.

Any cost-experience out there.

I'm just glad I didn't sell it to a local friend or on this board yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
About $300 for the meter if it is the standard failure that the D2h suffers from.

I was somewhat lucky as it happened 7 months into the warranty. There have been several instances where Nikon has repaired the meter post warranty for free.

I think it depends on how much you can whine, beg and grovel. :biggrin:

Russ

Vernon,

I have also seen posts saying $300.00.

Mine failed a month before the warranty was up, but I have seen a lot of messages about Nikon repairing the camera at no charge even after the warranty was up.

You should try to have it replaced for free, as Meter is a known D2H issue and Nikon has replaced these out of warranty for free in the past. I just received mine back from Nikon, about one month out of warranty and with a complimentary repair. I had included a letter in the box I sent, detailing the known issue and asking for them to please honor my warranty. As for selling a used D2H, having the meter replaced is a selling point, as the new owner will not have to worry about this in the future. Some people will not buy a D2H that has never had this service performed yet.

P

papa85

Hi Vernon, Triangular is right. I had meter failure also and mine was 3 mons. out for warranty. I to enclosed a letter asking for them to repair it under warranty because it is a known problem and I mentioned the web sites that I read about the problem. Not only did they change the meter they changed the rubber and replaced the CF card door with a powerful spring that opens the door. They tweaked all the settings :biggrin: and cleaned the sensor. I had to check the serial number to make sure it was my camera it looks like a new camera, ( the photos seem to be even better then before.) :wink:

They didn't change the rubber or replace anything else for me, I kind of wish they would have. But they did replace my complete metering system and adjusted my autofocus and exposure mechanisms. They also cleaned the CCD and camera in general. Now I have the statement of everything they did which is a selling point for me probably sometime in the future. The D2H having been in the shop for repair is in no way a detriment to selling it on the used market; it's more of an insurance to the new buyer.

Latest threads

Top Bottom