D2H Nikon Repairs

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Louis Champan, Dec 20, 2005.

1. I felt compelled to post this message based on my one and only experience with the Nikon Repair Center in California. I had just recently purchased a used D2H which I've had now for about 4 months when I started noticing some metering issues as well as AF issues. Well to make a long story short, I sent the camera into Nikon, they received it on December 12th, and I just received it back from Nikon today the 20th. A one week turn around, pretty impressive.

And to top it off, I got a detailed letter explaining each and every action they took with the camera. Not only did they replace the meter, but they upgraded and fixed some AF issues that apparently I didn't even realize I had, I was just dealing with them.

So I'm happy, impressed and now ready for Christmas.

2. Hi Louie, glad it worked out for you, and back in time for those Christmas shots.

3. Seymore

Seymore Guest

Good story Louis... Glad to hear it. I also had an issue with my D70, and had a turnaround time of ~11 days from Cali. Good to hear that CS, from the repair aspect, is still working well... this close to Christmas.

4. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    My d2Hs just arrived there this morning, I hope it is returned as quickly as your d2h

5. Sounds like it worked out fine for you. My D2H is still sitting at Nikon malaysia having a new shutter fitted; three weeks so far. Actually I don't mind becuase I have a D2HS loaner until it's ready, and a D200/18-200VR to test for a magazine :biggrin:

Ming

6. I sent my D2H back to Nikon UK 3 weeks ago. I had intermittent problems with exposure just like everyone else. Every few shots I got one grossly overexposed shot, maybe 5 stops over. Same with all lenses etc. I sent a fully explanatory letter with it, mentioning the service advisory etc but they.ve sent it with just one item on the sheet: 'Labour Goodwill. Metering, exposure adjust to Nikon standard.'

I guess this means they have not replaced the metering. The problem hasn't resurfaced after a little experimentation but I don't know what to do now. Do I trust the machine or not? If I get intermittent problems again do I have to use it till it fails completely? I don't know. I was planning to sell it as I have now bought a D2X.

Opinions?

Brian

7. I have had the LA-Nikon Do all my repairs for year of use.. they are GREAT

the new location is in El Sugundo...the move in July 2005

near the Costco.... Rosecrans offramp