D2h problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by bluesmangraham, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Hi all, I hope someone can advise on a problem i'm having with 1 of my d2h cameras!, I have a Sigma 28-70 f2.8 lens which when i put on one of my d2h bodies (latest firmwear) focuses as normal ie hunts & locks. however, when I put it on my 2nd d2h body (latest firmwear) it refuses to hunt & i have to press the AF(any one including vertical & AFon) a number of times to get it to focus?, However, when i put on my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 on either body they both react as normal & quickly aquire focus on subject, the same with the 300?, is this a lens issue or has anyone had this problem with there D2h?. Both cameras have exactly the same settings set & fired under the same conditions. Thanks for any help. Graham

2. joe_boyd

joe_boyd

Aug 10, 2006
    Make sure all the electircal contacts are clean on the second (malfunctioning) D2H, and on the wide zoom. You can use a rubber pencil eraser to clean the contacts. Try to hold the body such that the eraser residue falls out of the camera. Don't attempt to use a blower to remove the eraser residue. Use a brush or your finger to keep the residue from dropping into the mirror box. Same thing with the lens.

Good Luck!